Manta Exclusive Coupe

carter

Wyre-20130812-00014_zpsb6d615dd.jpgthink the time has come to sell my exclusive, its been dry stored since 2000 with the intention of restoring it but with so many cars it seems a shame to have it sat about any longer, I dont really want to let it go but have to be realistic, im restoring a GTE hatch at the minute, then a calibra and then a berlinetta hatch plus im running an E36 bmw cabriolet so something has got to give, it wouldnt take much to talk me out of selling this car but at the moment it has to go, the exclusive is all original, even down to the stereo and speakers, nothing is missing and is as it came from the factory, the seats are in amazing condition considering it has covered over 100, 000 miles but was running well before it was lay up in 2000, it now needs a new starter motor, new battery and the water pump has developed a leak but other than that this car should start with no problem, nothing is seized, the brakes are free and the tyres are all legal, the bodywork has all the usual grot spots, front nose cone, roof and sills, swan necks have been repaired in the past and look solid, as does under the battery tray, this was bought as a restoration project and thats what it is, there is no mot and its a non runner but its all there and could be made into a beautiful car, I think with £1000 thrown at it, this car would be worth £5000, please dont expect to drive this car away, it will need trailoring, I could do this at extra cost if you needed, so what am I asking for it......ive been offered £1000 for it, but they want to turn it into a rally car and it would be just round the corner from me which I dont really want to see my exclusive every day being butchered so offers over £1000 and its yours, it will make a beautiful car and any manta enthusiast will not be disappointed with this car, I have log book, keys and original books in binder
  • Like 5

Car bought and collected today , slightly scabby topside and needs 3 little bits of welding undeneath but overall just as described :-) 6 hours work , fresh starter and battery , check and clean all the ignition , 4 new fuel lines , fresh fuel pump , drain out a heinous gallon of black varnished sludge from the tank , new coolant and fettle the ignition switch , fresh fuel and whoa there baby its a runner :-) whats more its a runner that sounds great with loads of power , smooth idle and doughnuts round the yard ...... Time to try out my new welding torch , fettle the electrics which are fubar at the mo and get down to mr mot man asap ......

• Like 4

Car bought and collected today , slightly scabby topside and needs 3 little bits of welding undeneath but overall just as described :-) 6 hours work , fresh starter and battery , check and clean all the ignition , 4 new fuel lines , fresh fuel pump , drain out a heinous gallon of black varnished sludge from the tank , new coolant and fettle the ignition switch , fresh fuel and whoa there baby its a runner :-) whats more its a runner that sounds great with loads of power , smooth idle and doughnuts round the yard ...... Time to try out my new welding torch , fettle the electrics which are fubar at the mo and get down to mr mot man asap ......

• 3 weeks later...