What Manta Do I Have

toj28

I need a bit off help guys I want to replace the manta stickers on my manta but im unsure what model I have its badged on the tail gate as a 1.8s opel its got manta on the doors but its down as a manta gt on the logbook

it was fitted with the 1.8ohc engine

I reckon it's actually a berlinetta and should have 'berlinetta' on the door badge, they had the alloy wheels as standard and nicer seats. With Manta 1.8S on the back, basically all the 1.8s had 1.8S on the back with the exception of some of the last exclusives.

If yours is C reg then it isn't the GT/J which are quite rare now as were only sold for the first couple of years.They were technically the base model Manta with a 1.8S on the back. I had an A reg one that I was trying to put back to standard and designed a new 'J' decal but alas had to sell before my move to Brizzol.

'Manta GT' actually looks better and says what the car is, the berlinetta badge is an outline only and pretty hard to find a replacement. Is it the one in your avatar pic? If so it's not original enough to warrant worrying about the right decal.

I reckon it's actually a berlinetta and should have 'berlinetta' on the door badge, they had the alloy wheels as standard and nicer seats. With Manta 1.8S on the back, basically all the 1.8s had 1.8S on the back with the exception of some of the last exclusives.

If yours is C reg then it isn't the GT/J which are quite rare now as were only sold for the first couple of years.They were technically the base model Manta with a 1.8S on the back. I had an A reg one that I was trying to put back to standard and designed a new 'J' decal but alas had to sell before my move to Brizzol.

'Manta GT' actually looks better and says what the car is, the berlinetta badge is an outline only and pretty hard to find a replacement. Is it the one in your avatar pic? If so it's not original enough to warrant worrying about the right decal.

hi yes it is the 1 in the pic its on the log book as a 1986 manta gt it has a tweed like seats in a cream with a brown strip down it the alloys have the square opel badges in the center im sure it is the gt it had manta 1.8s on the rear tail gate we opel on the other side and manta gt on both doors we a small 2 line pin strip down both sides ill try get a better pic up

i would say his car is original

Apart from the quad headlamps which stuck out like a sore thumb in the small piccy, but yes everything else looks like it's as original, so it's not a berlinetta but I think it's had the alloys added as an option (they're standard on the berlinetta) the earlier GT/J had the donegal tweed seats with plastic hollow middle headrests and the replacement (ie this car) had the nicer seats, again same as a berlinetta. I think the 'Manta GT' was just the entry level after the short lived GT/J and the only difference being the trim by the look of things.

I have a manta gt on a b plate it has manta gt on both doors and 1.8s on the boot,think mine has been modified as it doesn't have the side rubber strips,and has got a full set of recaros seats/door cards with gte side skirts and gte alloys

I have a manta gt on a b plate it has manta gt on both doors and 1.8s on the boot,think mine has been modified as it doesn't have the side rubber strips,and has got a full set of recaros seats/door cards with gte side skirts and gte alloys

At one point, loads of people "GTE'd" up their 1.8s as skirts, alloys and interiors were really cheap and easy to find. Nowadays, if you ever fancy returning your car to it's original form, then I'll love to buy the skirts off of you ;) If the recaros are the older Daytona check ones, they've also seemed to have thinned right out :(

KGrHqUOKpIFGu3RfJOfBRyDCniLQ48_791_zps5a

Sort out that front bumper, it makes your car look like it has had a front ender and a common mistake by &*^*&^ fitting pattern wings or pre 82 wings. When viewed from the side the front bumper should run about parallel to the ground not slope up at the back corners, so it should not be parallel to the wing swage line

Otherwise, well done

• Like 2

Sort out that front bumper, it makes your car look like it has had a front ender and a common mistake by &*^*&^ fitting pattern wings or pre 82 wings. When viewed from the side the front bumper should run about parallel to the ground not slope up at the back corners, so it should not be parallel to the wing swage line

Otherwise, well done

hi the front bumper has since been replaced as it was damaged in the drivers front so ive replaced the bumper lights and the strip between the bumper and front panel thanks again

At one point, loads of people "GTE'd" up their 1.8s as skirts, alloys and interiors were really cheap and easy to find. Nowadays, if you ever fancy returning your car to it's original form, then I'll love to buy the skirts off of you ;) If the recaros are the older Daytona check ones, they've also seemed to have thinned right out :(

deffo keeping the skirts on,now got a set of avez 16 staggered alloys on her 205/45/16 front 245/45/16 rears (yes 245 under standard arches) looks like a pro street manta now lol

MIne started out as a GT, same car at this one minus the quads.

However its been "GTE'd" and is commonly mistaken for a GTE when it isnt. I never did understand what the GT model was about, as there isnt much difference between a GT and an S.