Race Retro Stoneleigh Park.

johno

Hi folks going tomorrow for very interesting day at race retro its got live event outside 6r4 metros and quotros and all the other group b monsters blasting around the course!! plus indoor for more bits and bobs allways great day out.. think was about twenty notes to get in.. :)

No Chevy Firenza this year. Though Russell Brookes was out in the Heat for Hire Manta 400 and Sunbeam.

12729933015_63286f8089.jpg

Also saw Ian Hill, in his GT/E (or i200) on the rally display, plus there was a Kadett GT/E giving it the beans :D

12730269523_6ffac8595a.jpg

Hope to add a few more to the set of photos, on Flickr at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rutthenut/sets/72157641425695604/

thats me with russell on sunday paid my £30 for a ride in a rally car on the sat but when i asked which cars i was interested in there was only one choice,the guy organising the rides said there was almost no chance so got know the guys looking after the manta. and as luck would have russel came in with smoke billowing out from underneath loads of armchair mechanics started looking convinced it was over heating but i wasnt convinced went to my van for torch and quickly found that it was dripping oil from a plug on the side of the block on to the exaust,checked temp gauge and quickly decided voltage reg was u/s car fixed ride sorted :)

• Like 2

thats me with russell on sunday paid my £30 for a ride in a rally car on the sat but when i asked which cars i was interested in there was only one choice,the guy organising the rides said there was almost no chance so got know the guys looking after the manta. and as luck would have russel came in with smoke billowing out from underneath loads of armchair mechanics started looking convinced it was over heating but i wasnt convinced went to my van for torch and quickly found that it was dripping oil from a plug on the side of the block on to the exaust,checked temp gauge and quickly decided voltage reg was u/s car fixed ride sorted :)

Good stuff, lucky you :D

How did I not realise you could get passenger rides?

Would have liked to take my own car to play around there, but guess it isn't 'Group 4 / Group B standard' so wouldn't be welcome