Dashboard Lighting - Gt/e

karoshi

Anyone breaking a Manta B happen to have the dashboard lighting wire strip going spare?

I'm looking for the two track ribbon cable that plugs in above the headlight switch and goes around the top of the dashboard connecting the two top dash-lights and the bulb that lights up the heater/fan control sliders?

I've got my dashboard apart to replace the voltage stabiliser and I'm putting in LED bulbs at the same time but one of the two top lights is dead, tried swapping the two over and the same one is dead still so I figure it's the connectors on the wiring strip not the bulbs or holders.

sorry my one I have for parts has been butchered, I am unable to help you.

P1010029_zps4f7f1ace.jpg

sorry my one I have for parts has been butchered, I am unable to help you.

P1010029_zps4f7f1ace.jpg

Having had a second look I think these will work, i'll try connecting them tomorrow to see if they will light up, however if it is an original setup your after then take up Julian's kind offer

PM Sent to Julian thanks!

Lepo thanks for looking, if Julian has a standard one going I'll take that but I'm curious as to how that setup has been made, is it regular wires soldered onto the bulb connectors rather than the ribbon cables?

PM Sent to Julian thanks!

Lepo thanks for looking, if Julian has a standard one going I'll take that but I'm curious as to how that setup has been made, is it regular wires soldered onto the bulb connectors rather than the ribbon cables?

Yes it is pretty crude but it is regular wires soldered on to the bulb connectors, I tried it tonight and it does work although one of the bulbs is duff but it does work, and nothing a bit of heat shrink would not sort out.