Mk1 Cav 2Door

shooie811

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Not much of an update just thought id share some of the daft wee bits ive added put the orginal mudflap back with a handful of cable tiesnull_zps72923ad2.jpgaccelarator pedalnull_zps106642b9.jpgdid this when i was bored one day null_zps7d99b48c.jpg still got these to fit null_zps824113e8.jpg new number plate null_zpsc4f5d918.jpg wasnt sure about these but i think they suit it the bonnets goosed anyway so why not null_zps19154dce.jpgnull_zps66379531.jpg empty shotgun shells for stud covers null_zpsea143813.jpg everybody loves a sticker null_zpsf407cf1e.jpgnull_zps8fabd7d3.jpgnull_zps7f89b834.jpg picked up some nice black carpets for it aswell null_zpsd66b23ce.jpg this is the best thing if bought by far a drink holdernull_zpsb16c1de0.jpg

really love this car,its a rare beast. just wondering what exhaust system did you put on it?I think id quite fancy it for my own cavy.

i got it made up from a place local to me mate full stainless system he charged me 350 which is a good deal id say and sounds great

• 3 months later...

Time for an update on here finally fitted the carpets makes so much quiter and look at that floor after I removed the sound deadening it's mint !!93718883-FD2A-48C0-8D48-2793532F0A0C_zpsB3FC6364-629E-441D-A517-A1A46344ADEA_zpsD45337C1-BF53-4FC4-8578-C06208B64FD0_zps just a few bits of minor surface rust so treated before putting the carpets in 69FF9FF7-D2F8-458B-AE88-E6FBD21D731F_zps0299311B-A51C-4B49-B092-2094C025A2B0_zps89BB588D-AFAF-4708-B312-5171CFF542B7_zps

Edited by shooie811
  • Like 2

This just gets better and better!

Q? How did this car get so rusty in appearance, when its so strong and mint in all the right places.....

Favourite car on here tbh! Im sure peoples reactions are priceless,

Sticker Quotes ive seen.

Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!

I missed out on zeebart.

I may be rusty but im in front of you.

Keep em post coming, more pics of whole car, get her in a mag! Retrocars!

Sorted the banging out on the front traced it to these angle grinder soon fixed it 88B8D5AE-367B-411F-A334-5A06322C1177_zpsA6CC34AE-B4E9-471C-9CFB-F1BBD9456F74_zpsC9BB3F9B-9B32-45C8-A019-D9F7382613A4_zps

On the rear the arms were hitting the the chassis rail so I altered the bend on them lots of clearance now DCAB7D10-E737-4DC6-8E50-2D99BC516F93_zps

Edited by shooie811

Nice pics, progressing nicely. Not a complaint at all, Im all for modifying etc etc.

Understand why you bent rear arms, but surely this moved the rear axle forward, just incase it damages your torque tube, in future maybe?

You could add the adjustment fitting, like some add to the panrod. You could add this to the front of arms, and keep your bends at the rear.

I have some ideas to modify rear spring holding area on chassis, therefore, car would run even lower, also a few mm here and there up front along with strengthing sections, and shortened bumpstops. But havnt tried any of these yet! Trial and error.

Also on lowered cavs, asc, and mantas the passanger side wheel will stick out further due to standard panrod.

Any plans for upgrading the donkey?

Think this is my next move a rat project, as i hate, polishing, etc etc. Getting a rusty manta isnt a problem, its getting one that is solid is the problem?

Edited by brady

The rear arms mounting points are in the exact same place its cut bent lengthend then welded the pics aren't that good so the axle hasn't moved at all I have got an adjustable panhard rod on it the axle was a mile out when I dropped it lol . On the front I can't go any lower unless I cut the chassis legs its out the tops of the wishbones that hit against them the height its at the now is about as low as I can take it and still be drivable lol I'll find a way though I want it even lower haha

Was looking a 3.0 24 valves don't know what's involved in converting it though ?

It's great mate u arrive at a show and every one else is spending hours making there's cars shiny and I just lock it up and walk away job done the amount of attention it gets is unreal total Vauxhall are suppose to be doing a cover on it shortly

• Like 1

This Cavalier just gets better and better,

those speaker pods are really well made, top work !!

As for an engine upgrade the straight six is not the best option, there are other Vauxhall 'lumps' that give out around the same power with weighing the same as a boat anchor!! If you could find a scrap V6 Omega manual that would yeiid most of the parts needed to have 200+ bhp, nowhere near as much weight, engines sits further back than a CIH and with the right exhuast they sound epic !!

I do remember seeing in a recent edition of Practical Classic a picture of an old Skoda, the owners had preserved the 'rat look' by laqouring over the rust and fading paint to stop it deteriorating any further.

I Do like your prize, both of them and you got a trophy for your mantle piece, just gotta avoid the other half discovering you enjoying your prizes !!

Try this for inspiration, been trying for ages to find info on this car, dont even know where it is, its quick, slidly, maybe due to cheap tyres, and sounds well. Wonder is it a locked welded diff? Maybe boost helps, and gearing.

looks very nice in red, sick of white rep 400s.

C20let, shown in second video link!,

I know its a LET and not budget power, maybe saab turbo is an option.

Edited by brady