Cavalier Sports Hatch

Snowy

These arrived today. So now work on the front end can start!!

IMAG0069_zps16fda345.jpg

IMAG0070_zpsb1613a36.jpg

IMAG0071_zps3aa3595e.jpg

I didn't realise they would come pre welded.

Has anyone fitted Eckhard's chassis legs, if so do you have any pictures or pointers??

Thanks

• Like 1

Well I finished removing the sound deadening this morning from the floors..

IMAG0072_zps879dd8e8.jpg

Now I can start to repair are the rot and holes that have appeared before moving onto the structural items.

Why do people weld over the rotten metal though, this car is full of it....

IMAG0078_zpsbae14051.jpg

IMAG0074_zpsd4d96ce6.jpg

IMAG0073_zps8502cfab.jpg

Thankfully some of the rot has not been bodged..

IMAG0075_zps4f0a2425.jpg

IMAG0076_zps0ac2bd1c.jpg

IMAG0077_zpsc0a7eb3b.jpg

Do you, like I do, get that feeling of I've seen these photos before? in fact time and time again!!! different cars, different ages different colours, but all have that one thing in common, RUST! and always in the same places!! get stuck in there Snowy, and then we can have the Before and After photos, even though we have also seen them before!!

• Like 1

Do you, like I do, get that feeling of I've seen these photos before? in fact time and time again!!! different cars, different ages different colours, but all have that one thing in common, RUST! and always in the same places!! get stuck in there Snowy, and then we can have the Before and After photos, even though we have also seen them before!!

I still have the door cards for you in the garage. I'm not sure my PM's on here are working very well. If you PM or email me your address I will get them posted out to you.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Well I wanted to start repairing the chassis rails. But really the inner wings and floor need to be sound before I start removing the rails.

Why do people weld over rotten metal, what exactly do the think is going to happen??

IMAG0124_zps41cdf819.jpg

IMAG0123_zps5793cbf6.jpg

So off with the inner wing..

IMAG0125_zps0b3d64ee.jpg

Problem is on this car that there isn't much to weld to...There is no floor above the chassis rails left. You can just see the rot spreading..

IMAG0126_zps03e6a67a.jpg

• Like 1

Is there a point where you say... "nope, it's not worth carrying on"?

I know all things are repairable, eventually with enough parts & money, but sheesh.....

This car is at that point, I've stopped work at the moment while I make up my mind.

There isn't anything left to weld to, no floors, chassis rails, rear chassis, boot floor, inner sills, outer sills, bulkhead, rear quarters etc.