Saab B204

Robert1234

Hi guys,

I was originally intending to put an xe in my project manta, then it was a c20let and now I'm thinking a saab b204 would be a much cheaper conversion considering you can pick up a whole car for like 4-500 quid.

Anyone had any experience with this conversion, apparently it's just a c20let that saab redesigned.

rob

B204 is completely different to the C20let, it's a Saab engine developed over the years from a Triumph design. Very good engine, and a few have found their way into Opels, but I don't think it's as easy as the XE/LET.

I think Novashed is putting one in an A, there's a build thread on here somewhere.

Edited by 1900SR

Heads need re-torquing every 100k miles, engines are very strong and very tuneable. The later engines with Trionic 7 management can die due to sludge, they need updated PCV kits and to have oil changes every 6000 miles with fully synth oil.

• Like 1

Heads need re-torquing every 100k miles, engines are very strong and very tuneable. The later engines with Trionic 7 management can die due to sludge, they need updated PCV kits and to have oil changes every 6000 miles with fully synth oil.

I had blue smoke on over-run on my 9-3 convertible. The PCV valve was missing, the breather pipes were blocked and perished, various pipes werent connected right. I repiped it, fitted a new PCV, cleaned the breathers, cleaned the rocker gause, changed the oil with flush....... and it still smoked on over - run. Got bored of trying to fix it and swapped it for a grand cherokee lol

• Like 1

I swapped this

IMG_1138_zps9080060e.jpg

for this

IMG_1555_zpsc7459668.jpg

I think i got the better deal really. The engine was smoking on the saab and I hated the way it drove. Plus it was free, so the jeep was free too. It was a nice jeep. 4.0 auto, drank fuel but no more than a td5 auto disco would! It was nice to drive, but surplus to requirements. I swapped it for a 1998 VW passat 1.9tdi which was brilliant on fuel. Again, surplus to requirements so I got £800 for it :)