Manta 400

adz the stig

How much do you guys think it's worth?

Depends on what it's got eg what axles in it? Does it have a quickrack fitted? Also it looks like a decent kit on it as the rear wheel arch doesn't have the cut out for the filler neck and the cage looks ok from the pics. Where there any other rally type parts with it?

Bilsteins:

If the rods aren't rusty in the "swept area" and you stand then up, push them to shortened length and they return to full length themselves they still have pressure, if each on in the pair do it at same rate they should be about half right at least

whats it worth? really depends on condition, if under that scruffy exterior is a rot free non sunroof shell that has been correctly strengthened for rallying then would be a better starting point than a lot of Manta's people are tackling, the cage is worth something ( exactly how much i don't know ) does it have a quick rack? decent back axle ( LSD fitted ) ? is it a decent body kit ? etc

• 2 months later...

Sounds like it's a proper rally car, with the quick rack, LSD axle and variuos other improvememnts not just a dressed up GTE, that actually sounds like a list of expensive parts.

we do need photo's, enticing us with stories of how it's getting on, were all eager to see just what state it was in and what you've had to do the repair it.

I will up load some pics i tracked down the guy that built the car and he told me a good bit about it it was used in tarmac rallys the car itself was bought in glasgow taken home and the modded with 400 kit rack diff and other parts the kit has been done well as the sills were removed and new sills fitted to match the 400 skirts to witch all need done again it was in a barn and last taxed in 1995

• 1 month later...

Just a bit more update i finaly got a v5 for the manta its an opel manta 1979 at the moment its a shell sitting on my jig ready to have the underside stripped back and repaired snd painted will up load picks later as on my moby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...