Can Anyone Help

Hello I am new to the forum, I own an 1988 F reg Opel Manta GTE Exclusive in bright red, I have owned it from new and it is pristine with only 29k on the clock. I am trying to establish a more accurate price for the car so I can insure it properly. Has anyone any ideas how I can get this priced. Thanks Dave Rogers

Sounds a lovely car mate, have you considered joining the club if you've owned it that long? People are going to want to see pictures you know!!

The problem is, if it's that mint and such low mileage, there's probably not many others to compare it against to suggest a value for it.

Mine is a lot older, so I'm probably not best placed to suggest a value on your lovely sounding car. Maybe your local area rep will have an idea?

Dave

• Like 1

£6500.00

There you go :lol:

BTW.. If you need help posting pics then myself and a few others would be happy to help. Also, if you join the club, some insurance companies will discount for being in it.

Edited by Rick-Manta

Many thanks for all the help so far. I will join the club and post some pictures, I just have to get my brother to do it because I am useless on computers. No it was not me at Billing although I am a nice guy!!

Thanks Dave Rogers

• Like 2

OK I am now a member (I got my brother to do the first part of the forum and he got the mileage wrong, it is 52k, many apologies). I will get some photos and post them in due course. Does anyone know who the rep for Stoke On Trent is so I can contact him/her?

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1

Superb, welcome to the club Dave. Even at 52k, it's still a nice low miler and even better that it's one of the very last mantas ever produced. As you can probably tell, most of us are quite keen on hearing about them and seeing piccies, especially if they're in top condition.

here is the car in question. Nice to meet you the other day, Dave.

Hope you dont mind me posting some pictures

IMG_2790_zps804d2f13.jpg

IMG_2786_zps18a05bba.jpg

IMG_2787_zps91b61b9c.jpg

Apart from a tiny dink in the bonnet, and some slight paint blistering on the o/s/f wing, i'd say this is a true time warp Manta. For an exclusive thats never been welded, nor needing any..... Dave certainly has something special here. Everything is original apart from the aerial. Nothing has been molested. Nothing has aged like a 25 year old manta should. Enjoy her Dave, dont ever let her go!! :)

• Like 1

An agreed value should be more than what you could sell it for and a Manta so pristeen as yours should sell for at least £6K, a dealer would have it up for more, so an agreed value of nothing less than £8k, not ureasonably £10K would be what i would aim for.

P.S. just gotta say that is one very nice Manta, of course you are compeled to bring it to Billing on the 11/12/13 July so we can all get jealous, and if anyone tries to buy it off you just read them the registration F...ORF !!

Edited by MANTAMAN
  • Like 2

There's a black bung in the centre of the upper sill, which you can see in the drivers door open pic (showing that beautiful condition interior, look at the wheel leather!), I'm wondering if it's been rust proofed which'd obviously help it's time warp condition?