Opel Manta A Series Lowering Advice

bmwe34

I recently got some ATS classics for my manta A series fronts 7jx13 and rear 8jx13. Now i would like to lower the car so the car sits right with the wheels. does anyone know any loweing springs that fit these cars? i would be looking for a 60mm drop all round would it be possible to fit lowring springs from a different model opel? thanks

Koni use to make a set of lower springs (and you need the lowered shocks) and a few others like spax etc... not sure what you can get now.

I had a set of uprated but not lowered ones on mine that i cut a couple of coils off which did for a bit but found a place who made the the right hight and corrrected the poundage for the lowerd spring so it wasn't too harsh. not tried them on the road yet but they fit nice.

Got the link on my blog and probably a pic of the front suspension

http://www.theopelproject.com just do a search for springs and you should find some info.

Im running Koni adjustables and rear springs on mine.

You might find a set if you google and i think Koni still refurb them.

Hope this helps

Andy

Edited by 611

They list this on the Koni online catalog

Manta A 70-75 Sport Front 82-1739Sport

so they might still do them?

Thanks for the help koni sound like a decent piece of kit with the shocks and everything i also think there is a kw or kaw springs for them but do not come with lowered shocks. i was thinking about cutting a coil or two on the original springs and some mini rear shock abosorbers fitted up front. cut springs are not recomended i know but i might try it to see how much of a drop i would need. has anyone cut the springs on these before is it better cut from the top or bottom of the spring in the front and rear?

Cut from the top as they will sit in the top ok, if you do it from the bottom they wont seat properly. The problem you will face is the standard front springs on an A are huge so you might not notice much drop with just a couple off.

I would post on here to see if anyone has some uprated ones around and then you can see how they look and drop a coil off if needed.

Think i chucked my old ones but will have a look in the loft and see what i have.

again with the shocks just post, someone will have something as not sure how it will handle with mini ones.

hope this helps and i will let you know if i come across anything.

andy

motorsportif do springs at a good price nice fit also.

two front koni shocks are cheaper on german ebay with postage to uk than buying two from uk suppliers.

sounds crazy but going to order mine soon as euro to pound is 1.22 euro to pound.