Hello From West Yorkshire

paul a

Hi everybody ive been a member for a year now but have never got round to saying hello to you all !

I bought a 1988 exclusive coupe about a year ago and have been busy trying to turn it around .

Mechanically it was ok but bodywork was a bit poor and the sunroof dreadful as usual

Interior was missing quite a few bits also .

I started by running it for 6 months last summer and at the same time finding interior bits I needed and deciding what to do with the sunroof ?

The car is now repainted and a webasto top slider sunroof which got rid of most of the rot as it had been patched up many times badly !

Many thanks to Stradacab for pointing me in the direction of the webasto roof, Mantasrme for advice and oily bits , and everyone who has helped me with all the bits I needed to complete the car to how it is now .

I am hoping to get to Billing and stop fri sat nights and meet more of you this time as last year I was only there for the day on sat .

Once again thanks to everybody for advice and parts for my car .

image_zpsf42b466e.jpg

Kind Regards Paul

Edited by paul a

Thanks for the name check, glad I could be of assistance but that is what the club and forum is all about.

Hope you make Billing too, be great to meet up and great to take a good look round the car. Looks a nice one

948DD247-631D-43CB-BDBB-2EB64B926658_zpsAC3E80BF-8972-4B25-9264-74E9380A5F40_zps

Hi James here's a couple of pics of sunroof in it fits car perfect . I'm now having a 2.4 cih built as I want to keep the standard look hopefully it will be in for billing !

Will look forward to meeting you and everyone else . Oh and a few beers I expect !!!!

Regards Paul

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, I had thought that most of the club lived down South. It's nice to know there are a few of us up here in Yorkshire. Love the Exclusive and the idea of a 2.4 to keep the cih theme alive. I am an XE fan but they just don't sound the same. Just had a look at the Manta Sport website. It's good to know there is a place that is familiar with Mantas

Nice one Paul.

Polar white meets Monaco blue at Billing!!

By the way, to anyone reading this far into the post from the club, I've introduced myself before but to let you know another West Yorky will be hitting Billing.

And we'll be brinin darn sum yows to shove ont barbie.

Edited by coupeking
  • Like 2

Hi Blake it's good to have the friendly Yorkshire rivalry to keep us both on our toes mate . Just dropped car off for MOT tomorrow fingers crossed it passes or it won't be going no where !

Looking forward to the drive down to billing on the Friday !

Just keep praying for the sun Blake !

Paul

Edited by paul a
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Create an account at photo bucket.com - upload any photos to the site (  from your computer ) - once uploaded it will create a code for the photo - go to link the photo - choose IMG - copy link - paste to 'reply to this topic on the forum - picture inserted.

oh yes agree with your Yorkshire comments from the East Riding  :P

Thanks Neil...

I shall do this tonight when I get home... unless I can get access at work!!

Always have a checky smile on my face while writing on here... one of only a handfull of sites my work allows or should I say hasnt blocked ahaha

Stuff you work