Another Cavalier Coupe!

spiney_norman

Spotted this one advertised here a couple of months ago, having previously sold the owner a fuel gauge for it a couple of years back. I rang John and said I'd take it, and finally got around to picking it up this weekend just gone.

It was advertised as needing some TLC and a fair amount of welding, and that's certainly true!

IMG_20140622_145958_zpswymxydmw.jpg

IMG_20140622_150010_zpsyuh0mjsm.jpg

IMG_20140622_150024_zpsouh5heb6.jpg

IMG_20140623_213539_zpszgtqykid.jpg

IMG_20140623_213609_zpsjufajsw9.jpg

IMG_20140623_213631_zpss4rvh45e.jpg

IMG_20140623_213644_zps2nt6tvzq.jpg

IMG_20140623_213650_zps8duqpjoz.jpg

It looks bad, but the rear arches and boot floor are very good, along with the swan necks being extremely good. It's all there, it came with a pair of full sills and it doesn't have a sunroof. Hopefully my mate James at Master Automotive is going to pop over some time soon and give me an idea of what the welding's going to cost me, then I can decide how to proceed.

If it's worth doing then it's worth doing right, so if the welding isn't going to cost me thousands then the plan is to chuck in a 2.4 with a single Weber 38DGAS which will save messing about with 2.2 Carlton manifolds or moving the servo to fit 40s.

Watch this space!

• Like 3

Got her running this evening, surprisingly well in fact. Even the auto choke on the Zenith carb works perfectly. Had a little help from next door's cat too.

IMG_20140630_191011_zpsjfeni0g7.jpg

After a better look at it I've decided to move it to the back burner for now, it just doesn't make sense spending money on this one right now when I have another one that needs slightly less. It has prompted me to get my original blue coupe sorted though so that's good, and realistically this white one can't get any worse by sitting so that's exactly what it'll do.

• Like 1