Dolphin Grey Exclusive Coupe On Ebay

indeed as spriney norman has pointed out my hatch is steel grey. quite funny reading down and seeing mantaman say that he had not seen one. especially as i was speaking to him and i was only a couple of cars down from him.

i had no idea this colour was so rare, i have seen others ages ago in steel grey but it was a long time ago now.Picture138.jpg

It looks really good!

Sorry, I meant the demise of that particular one, the guy who bought it from me broke it for spares. I think I've only ever seen one other set of them, but I cant remember what car it was in. I remember seeing one other platinum hatch at Billing a few years ago, might have been in that, and there was a platinum coupe in King's Lynn a few years back that I think went to Ireland, so may have been that one. I do remember that at least one of those cars had the grey interior though.

Thats a shame, I think the same thing happened to a Genuine Astro Silver i200 and it was 1 of 3 that existed, this is on an old topic mind. I have heard other stories about people breaking Manta's up for spares because of financial reasons and i'm happy to say that there are some Manta's I know of that could have died but have been prevented from being broken because the seller wouldn't sell it to the person who wanted it for one particular thing.

I saw an Exclusive Coupe at Billing with a genuine mileage of 26k It was the most Original example I have ever seen but to keep it in that condition it obviously is garaged and only taken out on rare occasions and I think it's a shame. But Manta's that are unloved and just rot is the most horrible thing ever.

It' depends on the owner really on the the cars survival, use it as a daily and it might last 10 years before a major rebiuld is needed. use it as a dry summer car like I do mine and you never have to rebuild it ever!

Niether senario is right or wrong though.

The grey hatch at billing jack was my mates Jims, and the exclusive was another mates called Doug, both nice cars. A car is there to be used and mine is a summer only car where it gets properly driven ;-) but the idiots I refer to are those that don't drive them but won't sell to enthusiasts and leave them sat around doing nothing.

• Like 1

Yes I remember now the Exclusive Coupe had a note in the window belonging to someone called Doug, couldn't believe it the sunroof was open and everything and it didn't scratch it. I can remember one Grey Hatch there that had a 4litre V8 in it and sounded very powerfull!