New 400R Project

seangteowens

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 07/01/2019 at 11:07, ®evo03 said:

Great work sean, knew the car before you bought it, the owner he always wanted a rep of a 400 irish rally car and , think it is one of the nicest ever produced. A man from your neck of the woods,

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Thanks , Yes it was a man Donegal direction I think 🤔 lol It’s been a wile from a bought the car but I told him I’d bring it down when it’s built to show him it. Who’s car is that? 

Edited by seangteowens

Ian owned your car, it was in billing a few years back, uk road trip! 

Rally car is donegal man, vincent bonner!  Has to be one of the nicest liverys about, real nice, spinsor was henley forklifts and sinanko, and donegal oil. This car was amazing in the sunshine, the black and white contrast, im near tempted to build another, just to do this livery!

You are using original injection, good call, especially if you are using the car for going to rallies, shows and car runs, plently of these in Ireland. 

You can use the ecu to flash up any problems, i used a luminated switch, so you can turn it off whenever, you could have removed lamda also.

Google c20 xe flash codes. Or ecu pins, or codes

Your going a great job, are you running a LSD. Did you get your revos in the custom shop? 

8 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

You are using original injection, good call, especially if you are using the car for going to rallies, shows and car runs, plently of these in Ireland. 

You can use the ecu to flash up any problems, i used a luminated switch, so you can turn it off whenever, you could have removed lamda also.

Google c20 xe flash codes. Or ecu pins, or codes

Your going a great job, are you running a LSD. Did you get your revos in the custom shop? 

Ya keeping all original for now any way, Yes that’s the plan hope to get it out on the runs. 

Yes I had read that the lamba can be done with out did you just wire up a switch so it would be run with are without it with the flick of the switch?

The flash codes that’s still using the we diagnosis tool to read?

No lsd at the minute but I want to get one, just a bit of an expense at the minute.

i got them right beside were I got the car Hass auto sport. 

Edited by seangteowens

Pins on the ecu are joined permanently, dont run a lamba at all. But its ok to do so.......

As for luminated switch, it does away with flash code reader, the switch will flash like morse code, you can also look up sequences. Shows up any problems. If you remove injection in the future does away with this, 

Good call, using injection, it really is economical.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Pins on the ecu are joined permanently, dont run a lamba at all. But its ok to do so.......

As for luminated switch, it does away with flash code reader, the switch will flash like morse code, you can also look up sequences. Shows up any problems. If you remove injection in the future does away with this, 

Good call, using injection, it really is economical.

Ah yes ok I do mind reading about permanent pins jointed for the lamba.

Ah ok I get you now, so the light will only flash when switched on if there is a fault then?

Edited by seangteowens

22 hours ago, seangteowens said:

Ah ok I get you now, so the light will only flash when switched on if there is a fault then?

Yep, like morse code 😁, the pins you join, are essentially replacing the paper clip hack you do on the original, cavalier, calibra, astra, which flashes the eml in the same blink, blink, mode. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...