Very Low Start Price.

This is actually a very rare Manta, being righthand drive and badged GSi, which is authentic as it was first supplied in Belgium ( & it has GSi seat badges ) the only other R/H drive GSi i have seen was a black coupe which was sold new in Jersey, perhaps it had to be supplied via a French dealer.

certainly looks a good buy, non sunroof, good list of new and uprated parts, the only note of caution i would sound is the gearbox, says it has been filled with correct spec synthetic oil, if this is anything other than genuine GM Getrag oil the gearbox will fail in a few thousand miles, no reflection on the owner / previous owners, it seems few people ( including most of the Manta Club ) know how vital it is to use only GM Getrag gearbox oil.

Jack if you had a bit of money this would be ideal for you, spend a morning sorting the rear brakes, ( not that hard a job ) and you'd have a sorted Manta !!

• Like 2

At the right price that car could be a bargain.

Heavily waxoiled underneath, could be used as a daily driver, come on Jack its time to take the plunge  ;)

This is actually a very rare Manta, being righthand drive and badged GSi, which is authentic as it was first supplied in Belgium ( & it has GSi seat badges ) the only other R/H drive GSi i have seen was a black coupe which was sold new in Jersey, perhaps it had to be supplied via a French dealer.

certainly looks a good buy, non sunroof, good list of new and uprated parts, the only note of caution i would sound is the gearbox, says it has been filled with correct spec synthetic oil, if this is anything other than genuine GM Getrag oil the gearbox will fail in a few thousand miles, no reflection on the owner / previous owners, it seems few people ( including most of the Manta Club ) know how vital it is to use only GM Getrag gearbox oil.

Jack if you had a bit of money this would be ideal for you, spend a morning sorting the rear brakes, ( not that hard a job ) and you'd have a sorted Manta !!

I,m with mantaman and rapierdave on this one jack i think its got your name on it :thumbup , pretty sure its a club car owned by gsi marc, could be wrong. :unsure: 

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

the only note of caution i would sound is the gearbox, says it has been filled with correct spec synthetic oil, if this is anything other than genuine GM Getrag oil the gearbox will fail in a few thousand miles, no reflection on the owner / previous owners, it seems few people ( including most of the Manta Club ) know how vital it is to use only GM Getrag gearbox oil.

really, wonder how i have done 20 k plus and my gearbox is still fine 

• Like 1

I am going to put a bid on it now but a couple of things have sprung to mind. One being I don't know what i'm doing with the brakes, don't know a way of getting it back and where to put it whilst the brakes are being fixed but mainly don't have any way of bringing it back to Dronfield.

I am going to put a bid on it now but a couple of things have sprung to mind. One being I don't know what i'm doing with the brakes, don't know a way of getting it back and where to put it whilst the brakes are being fixed but mainly don't have any way of bringing it back to Dronfield.

Mere technicalities Jack if you wanted it bad enough you'd find a way.....there's always a solution. Does the new place you work at now not have access to a trailer or transporter or even trade plates? Brakes will be fine it just needs a run

Mere technicalities Jack if you wanted it bad enough you'd find a way.....there's always a solution. Does the new place you work at now not have access to a trailer or transporter or even trade plates? Brakes will be fine it just needs a run

What i'm doing now is finding a way and at the end of the day it would still stop with front brakes wouldn't it? If I don't know how to get it back I can get it delivered somehow by a collection service. No technicalities invloved just trying my best not to drop myself into a hole.

Jack theres 8 days to go so dont go mad :) Keep an eye on it of course but dont keep bidding until the last few minutes. Dont bid more than you can pay for be realistic - there will always be another one later. The brakes for folk here will be an easy fix and plenty of help oop north if you get a win on it. Stay level headed bud and good luck!

Tony

Thanks Tony I will take your advice about being level headed but I fear I may get outbid because it might go above 1k. Really love this GSI to be honest and would be a Manta to remember if I had this I will just have to overcome a few obstacles like the brakes and getting it here. Also it hasn't got any road tax either so I would put a ticket on it straight away and then find out the problem of keeping it somewhere. I have a plan if I don't get this one.

Jack.

well done Jack !! don't go mad and put in a bid exceeding what you can afford...

if it's any help i could make a trip to the Manta ( shift work permitting ) either at Walsall or Dronfield and have a go at sorting out the rear brakes, sounds like they just need freeing off and i've got a home made device for pulling drums off !

the Transport question, if there is a car trailer available my Carlton estate could tow it provided it's not huge, though please think of this as a last resort only because the clutch thrust bearing sounds like it's going to give up soon and i need to limit the milage till i get a new clutch ( thats also at the limit of adjustment ) but if it's this or not get the Manta then i'll give it a go.

Much appreciated Ian and I am basically bidding to the tops of what I can afford. The Manta still has 8 days left yet though and the bids might go higher than my money will allow. If by some miracle I do have the winning bid I will be eternally grateful if I could get you to help me sort my brakes out and get it to Dronfield in the first place. I will pay you back for the rest of my life so don't worry. Ebay just needs to give me a chance.

I believe here is a project thread for the car you are bidding on Jack.

http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/24723-project-gsi/#entry256240

As for the rear brakes binding slightly i am sure that will just be rust on the drum face which if you drove it a couple of miles would rub off.

Seller originally wanted £1695 for the car a year ago but that was taxed & MOT.

http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/33089-1985-gsi-hatchback-in-black-great-condition-full-mot-taxed-june/

More info here, it looks like the orignal seller wants to buy the car back

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/170505/1985-manta-fleabay-start-reserve?page=1&scrollTo=1983967#.VAlzrsJdWSo

Edited by Rapierdave