Manta Resto

RECARDO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well I'm a happy man tonight I spent the day with the manta. A have made some a frames and got the old girl on them. Waited along time to have a good look at the underside and I'm shocked. There is a lot of nasty welds and patches that will need some attention. I will get some pics uploaded tomorrow with a bit of luck.

• Like 1

Thanks lads seen both theads and both cars have been completed to a very high standard I just hope I can Carrie on like everyone else and keep up with you all. I think I'm going to give them floor panels ago. Needs must.

First load to photobucket and then copy and paste the img link onto the thread and as if by magic it appears!

Btw I did the chassis rails before the floor panels so I had better all round access to the chassis rail.

got some pic's finally uploaded thanks senator. sorry about the home made a frame but it will do the job, im going to try and build a 400r with a 2.0 ltr xe on 45 webbers and this pic is my inspiration to the whole project, im making some changes e.g wheels and graphic colours._origin_Opel-Manta-17_zpswdx7ltwc.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi all had a play with the manta tonight, I have ordered some panels and waiting for them to come, so I have converted the manta to power steering, modified it my own way after looking at all the other ways to do it, I have came up with this, plenty of clearance and support, I'm really happy with it.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Some more pics

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Been back in the lock up tonight decided to remove the drivers chassis leg, both outer and inner rotted through, I was thinking of getting some 3mm box section to use as the inner leg? I have the outer cover panels, I thought it would be best to use the original floor pans as a level for the new legs, ordered new floor panels due next month, my new outer sills arrived last week so hope to get loads done over the next few months, some pics of the poor rotted and poor repaired floor.

I was going to get the inner legs done first then blast the car, would I be better to stop were I am and blast it first? Also should I remove the outer sills be for its blasted?

Edited by RECARDO
spelling mistske

• 1 month later...

Got some work done on the manta the last couple of weeks, removed my chassis legs and made new internals, I have made some changes as I thought it might be stronger to go the full length with them, I have used 3mm box section and modified it into shape, the box section is slotted into the front by 2 inch and it runs the full length to the cross sections, my outer cover plates fit very well over the to too, here's some pics lads hope you like what I did.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

After a very long time finally life has allowed me to get some work done on the old girl managed to replace the drivers front floor and get the jacking point and outer chassis legs on, chuffed now I back on with the resto Still loads to do though lol 

Edited by RECARDO
Spelling
  • Like 2

Great work there, remember if it’s the klockerholm jacking points you have used the tube that’s spot welded on is too small for the original manta jack and will need replacing, only a small job but worth noting before any stone chip and paint is applied. I’ve just checked my jacking points before I proceed with stonechip, the original manta jack doesn’t fit. Worth a check. 

• Thanks 1