Pictures Of My Manta Gt/e Hatch

Jack

What I could do with the seat is bolt it further back and have a better driving position I suppose.

exactly what i did with my Recaro's in two Manta's, unbolted the subframe from the seat and using thick angle to extend the frame rearward and creating new front mountings and rear mountings further back, i was able to have the seat upto 6 inch / 15 cm further back, it got my knees under the stearing wheel which then of course was really a little to far away !! one day i would like to get an Electric Retro Power stearing column but made with extra length. ( ooh er misses !! )

I have found the early B / 1800 type seats more comfortable, Recaro's don't give much support to the back of the legs, though that said i have driven hundreds of miles in day in them OK.

the door handle does look good. i'm about 6 foot 3 and i never had any issues fitting (althogh if you know what a 126 is i fit fine in them as well some how) it was always the backing being too spongy so i hit the metal.

the ost comfortable seats i have been in is first saab 93 viggen leather seats (they give you more support than is needed and are realy comfortable) and probably second probaby what suttys is the mondeo st24 (leather again with alot of support).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...