How Much!

Surely even as good as it is that cant be more than 6-7k max?

Price is only a guide - if someone fancies it & has the cash to buy it,  worth in physical terms is very abstract.

Who would buy a new car & watch it fall in price by 30% in a year - 2 million people do.

Yes a tad expensive & would be surprised if it sold but maybe the bills to get it to this stage are £25k - we all know the cost of things either for the love or fun of it when doing a car up.

It would have to be out of the box - as it left the factory which this appears to be slightly not - so not for me.

Edited by NEIL W

Yes but this one is special

"don't get it confussed with the local crap out there"

And he did get the dipping done for free

" it was totally stripped and acid dipped by spl in gornal in the west midlands have all pics to prove ,and at no expence"

I'm just a little "confussed" by the price.

• Like 2

Yes but this one is special

"don't get it confussed with the local crap out there"

And he did get the dipping done for free

" it was totally stripped and acid dipped by spl in gornal in the west midlands have all pics to prove ,and at no expence"

I'm just a little "confussed" by the price.

How dare he insult my car :angry:

Very nice but so very very expensive and cannot help but think it will sit there at that price. im not saying its prob not worth it as so much labour had gone into it ,but I couldn't see it needing loads of new parts as it had only done minimal miles when I saw it at billing a few years back and then I thought it was perfect save for what looked like filler that had not been finished properly or hiding something on the nose cone in the bonnet shut gully ,near to the lock. that was the only imperfection I can remember.

for the eagle eyed car sos watchers among us would have spotted it about two episodes ago half built in a trimmers shop.

nice car looks good and loads spent but very unaffordable so for that reason I'm out .

I have told Rick about his old Manta on Facebook as I cant believe its for sale! In my humble opinion the wheels look a bit odd and the steering wheel spoils it for me, knowing that it is such a low mileage Manta. Nevertheless, B376 UMJ is back!!!

• Like 1

to me it seems like,its for sale?but not really for sale?,get my drift,its sweet,but it was sweet when rick had it,so itl just stay advertised until he/she gets bored with the none activity of a sale,ifit were between 4-6 k it would most prob get more intrest and sell,not to me as its a h/b,im into coupes myself,it really does look nice,and has had tumps of cash thrown at it,having said that we neva get our money back do we?,thats not why we do them in the first place though is it

steve

• Like 1

really confuses me this(not hard) who buys a car for 6k which is already well over its worth, then spends god knows how much to restore it.. then hopes to sell it???? its probably one of the best hatches ive seen. but still only worth maybe £6-7k max.

i can understand it if the owners planning on keeping it but to sell is just madness.. thats i240 money, maybe even 400 money..

• Like 2

Think this thread has lost the plot somewhere down the line.

The Chap has a very nice car from the photos for sale & he has set his price he wants. Doesn't matter what he paid for it as he is the owner now & selling it on, for whatever reason.

It will give someone, probably not within the OMOC, years of pleasure.

Irrespective of what people value cars at, the market will dictate a price or alternately what a person is willing to pay, to the final outcome of the sale.

If someone wants to use their cash to buy a car at whatever price they wish – that’s their choice

How he words his advert is his own choice – spelling / presentation is part of the draw or rejection of someone bothering to look any further – if you have been in a school lately the advert spelling is a ‘B’ pass these days.

If the car is obviously as good as it is – spelling is a minor fault & better than a rusting sunroof aperture.

I look at cars to buy all the time & if I fancy something, I would sell my Manta in a moment, at well below what I paid just to move it on & buy something even over the market value to enjoy – life is too short for ‘thinking or wishing’.

My only criteria is it has to fit in a single garage with the Auxiliary beer fridge still at the end of the garage so 4.55 m long max - the car not the fridge   :rolleyes:

• Like 3