How Much!

My car!!  :o

Well.. It was my car. Nice to hear the comments about it when I had it, and they're accurate. It's also good to know who ended up with it, an Andy from Dudley, who happens to be terrible with spelling and grammar :lol:

When I first advertised it in 'original plus' condition (as it's known) with it's original receipts and paperwork, comprehensive history of it's low miles, an engine bay full of the 'Clive/Custom Solutions' items. As well as all it's original parts so it can be put back to factory standard, and a boot full of new spares and service items, I was asking £6k with the hope of getting £5k (which is about what I spent on it). Guess how many people came to view it at that price?

........That's right, none. I was asking too much since the ceiling price for 'any' hatchback is going to be lower than this and I think you'd have trouble trying to insure it 'agreed valuation' for much more. Still, it's nice to see that someone made the commitment to spend so much on it, I just hope he kept the original steering wheel, it was like all matt and knobbly, like when they were new.. oooo, the memories ^_^

Edited by Rick-Manta
  • Like 2

:wacko: Mindfuck!

Easy

Irrespective of what people value cars at = plenty of so called amateur car experts out there

the market will dictate a price or = how many past Mantas have been sold & at what price

alternately what a person is willing to pay.= a person with a pocket full of money who wants it & is not bothered about the price.

Yes we are out there but which one am I   ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

I like it.  ;)

If it makes the money the market has set a new price, GLWS.

To do a proper job takes a lot of money, I'm not doing a pro resto on mine and I'm already 15K in. Got a lot more to spend before it's done.

Would I ever get my money back if I sold it. Probably not, as Simons coupe in Ireland is only 15 K and I think its still for sale and that's a better car than mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woah! Maybe I should look to take out a loan soon, he's only got to drop another £12k and it could be mine again...

...I've actually been waiting to hear back on another minter (more realistically priced) but my face has turned blue with all the breath holding ...pffffffft!

• Like 2