3.0 24V Dual Ram Engine

kieran_manta

Fit you find one check the timing chains and guides. Most of these motors are pushing 100k + which means the guides will be on the last legs. Uprated chains are available from a member of the ABS but the guides are getting very hard to find although there are some new ones being tested at the moment.

If you want OE guides the last lot i saw on ebay were going at around five hundred quid! Rest of the motor is fairly bullet proof as long as its been looked after

Cheers

Andy

A Manta GTE box will bolt on but the 24V engine either came as an auto or a manual with a dual mass flywheel, so you'd have to find some way around the clutch issues. Plenty have done it before though, I'm sure someone will be along with advice soon enough!

• Like 1

Probably best to know what you're after from the car, is it power and handling, or purely noise?

I only say this because it's easier and cheaper to drop in a Saab turbo engine and have up to 300bhp than to fit the straight 6.

Won't putting a boat anchor of an engine stuck out past the weight of the original engine make it understeer?

Opposite to what you want to achieve? 

Unless you cut the bulkhead and move the engine way back of course

Edited by Kevin Abbott
  • Like 2