South East 'drive It Day' Run 26Th April Anyone?

smiffy220

hi dave

dont yet have a manta but could make your number above 6 :) if poss like to join the trip

Hi mate, where abouts are you based? Welcome along, the more the merrier. Someone might know of a car that'll suit you and you might join up? Would be good to have another local member.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi mate, where abouts are you based? Welcome along, the more the merrier. Someone might know of a car that'll suit you and you might join up? Would be good to have another local member.

Cheers,

Dave

hi

based around buckingham but have family in essex so would look to stop off and see them depenant on route.... want to see the mantas driving about than just at a show.

yep been looking around, not sure if to get a GTE or get the rare i200 / i400

hi

based around buckingham but have family in essex so would look to stop off and see them depenant on route.... want to see the mantas driving about than just at a show.

yep been looking around, not sure if to get a GTE or get the rare i200 / i400

Depends how quickly you want one! You'll find a GTE a lot quicker than you'll find an i200. But then it's finding a good one of either!!

Welcome along on the route. Will you be stopping for a carvery lunch with us also?

morning, did you just get in from a party or up at some silly hour :)

yes please if space, which carvery/pub ?

looking forward to seeing the cars going on the avatars, The more the better

do we have a route yet or at least starting point ?

morning, did you just get in from a party or up at some silly hour :)

yes please if space, which carvery/pub ?

looking forward to seeing the cars going on the avatars, The more the better

do we have a route yet or at least starting point ?

Haha, partying would be much more exciting than getting up at 5 for work in the mornings!

Ideas on route are posted throughout this thread, but in short, start kent/sussex (yet to be decided), up into Essex, carvery lunch in Cold Norton in Essex, then run up to Simon P's place near Bury St Edmunds, where you could maybe join up?? Simon is our membership secretary!

Need deposit of £10 if your coming for lunch though please? Lunch will be at The Three Rivers Country Club in Cold Norton.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by smiffy220

Haha, partying would be much more exciting than getting up at 5 for work in the mornings!

Ideas on route are posted throughout this thread, but in short, start kent/sussex (yet to be decided), up into Essex, carvery lunch in Cold Norton in Essex, then run up to Simon P's place near Bury St Edmunds, where you could maybe join up?? Simon is our membership secretary!

Need deposit of £10 if your coming for lunch though please? Lunch will be at The Three Rivers Country Club in Cold Norton.

Cheers,

Dave

hi

yep not probs, how do you want the deposit paid ?

will be coming down around blue water area if you have a meeting point - tunnel :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Couldn't get out of my concert next Sunday sadly.  Shame as I'm picking the Manta up on Saturday from a week's attention to the paintwork so it should be looking particularly good.

When's the next pub meet scheduled for?  I can't remember which Sunday in the month it usually is...

Cheers

Stuart

Hi all

Couldn't get out of my concert next Sunday sadly.  Shame as I'm picking the Manta up on Saturday from a week's attention to the paintwork so it should be looking particularly good.

When's the next pub meet scheduled for?  I can't remember which Sunday in the month it usually is...

Cheers

Stuart

Sorry you can't make it Stuart, hope the concert goes well.

Next meet will probably be end of May I guess, last Sunday of the month from 6pm at the usual place. I'll be posting a thread about it after Drive it Day. Glad to hear the cars all sorted.

Look forward to catching up then.

Dave

I don't think anyone is coming from that neck of the woods Darren, we're all based Sussex, Kent, Essex or Suffolk. Sorry mate.

think Ian (Mantaman) was thinking of coming... not had any update yet ? would be good to see and meet a few from this area....

looking forward to it, at the end could get membership ?

out of interest any GTE or exclusives going ?

think Ian (Mantaman) was thinking of coming... not had any update yet ? would be good to see and meet a few from this area....

looking forward to it, at the end could get membership ?

out of interest any GTE or exclusives going ?

Thought Ian said he couldn't make it, not booked in for lunch. You should be able to join up when we get to Simon's place near Bury St Edmunds. Simon is our membership secretary, and also is the owner of Suffolk County Manta's.

We have my SR Berlinetta coming, 3 x GTE's, a lovely A series, a Centaur, a Mancona and whatever you'll be driving. No exclusives sadly.

morning

some very nice cars, must remember camera :) are most the execlusive further a field

as i understand your going from kent area, up through essex, stopping for lunch then onto Simons. if i join at Simons i'll miss lunch ;( or is the route the other way round ?

either way will look to join near starting point, when you get near m25/a12 area-ish or Simons

any update on route ?

Not sure what car, will depend on weather, could be a nice alfa spider :)

oh..... Ian did suggest his plans changed and now maybe able to make it but would confirm

i know its off topic but when is the next ride/show, as im looking at the exclusive and would be great to see a few.... unless we can get a few to join at Simons.......

I'm now thinking of starting around the Sevenoaks area in Kent, purely as lunch is booked for 12.30pm in Latchingdon, and I think we wouldn't have enough time if we start Godstone area. I'm hunting start points as we speak.

I suggest we leave start point about 10am, hoping to arrive for a comfort/fuel stop at Thurrock services for about 11.15am. (Might be an idea to meet us there Darren? An Alfa Spider sounds a great car to join us with if you can!). Leave services at latest 11.45am.

Plan is then to head down the A13 corridor and onto Latchingdon via the A1245 and A132/B1012, then Woodham Road to lunch venue. From there, up through Maldon and Tiptree, and on to Colchester. Then maybe up towards Manningtree, and across to Stowmarket. Last stretch of about 20 mins on the B1113 up to Finningham in Suffolk. I'll confirm start point ASAP and will have road books for people on the day.

Ian welcome to join us, but I haven't heard anything. Should be able to add one for lunch.  

Next meeting otherwise in our area will be our pub meet at the end of May. Unless I spot something in the meantime. If you PM me your mobile number Darren, I like to keep people updated on text also! Have everyone elses.

I wish I could join you and bring my exclusive up from Brighton, but I already have unavoidable plans. I really hope the run goes well for you all.

It still seems weird to me reading people having trouble finding particular models when they used to be so prolific! But then, I have only seen about 2 mantas driving the streets in the last 7 years! (Other than my own). Such a shame..

Best of luck all from Brighton!

route looks good... yep can meet you at Thurrock services.

Maldon wow haven't been since being little, mates and I used to see who could cycle up the maldon hill the quickest and then go crab fishing...  Colchester... hmmm windmill and hippodrome nightclubs in the Manta GTE, being a lad then had to have a loud exhaust ;)

Thanks, the afla is a special edition and is very nice, fingers crossed for good weather

What a shame Roy, would be great to see an exclusive again, as you said just don't see them any more, even when I had mine these were rare...

I will be Darren, too much work gone in to this for me not to take it. Can't speak for everyone else, and will be very sad if it's a wash out.

Totally understand with mantas if people don't want to take them out in the rain. As has been said in the past, you can almost here the rust on mantas fizzing in the rain!!

Last I heard, Saturday going to be the worse day weather wise, so fingers crossed.

Well done all.

Ok, current thinking is a start point of The Royal Oak (Beefeater) on the A20 London Road near Brands Hatch at West Kingsdown in Kent. I know it's a bit further up than I was originally thinking, but I'm concerned about timing getting to the lunch venue which is prepaid and booked, and I've not had a chance to get down there and do a recce. This place opens for breakfast from 7am to 11am, and has a Costa Coffee, so I think will work for what we need. I am going to try and do a late recce this Saturday afternoon, so this might change so watch this space.

I'll confirm timings etc and have route mostly laid out now. Just got one bit to finish at the upper end of the A12 corrider where it joins the A14, as there's roadworks there on the A12 and I want to cut across to Stowmarket, but the A12/A14 looks like the obvious route there.