South East 'drive It Day' Run 26Th April Anyone?

smiffy220

Yeah all sorted,insurance and all !!

Just hope there does not end up a claim with both my motors!!!

Haha, yeah good point. Have to keep you both separated!

Start point ok with you? I might move a bit further out if I get a chance to do a recce Saturday afternoon.

Ok, it pains me to say it, but looks like Sunday is going to be a complete wash out. Not going to be much fun at start, lunch or finish venues. I cant postpone national drive it day, but canvassing thoughts on postponing our run for a few weeks perhaps? Can I have all your thoughts please?

Can anyone make 3rd or 31st May? Preferably the 31st I think?

Edited by smiffy220

Ok, it pains me to say it, but looks like Sunday is going to be a complete wash out. Not going to be much fun at start, lunch or finish venues. I cant postpone national drive it day, but canvassing thoughts on postponing our run for a few weeks perhaps? Can I have all your thoughts please?

Can anyone make 3rd or 31st May? Preferably the 31st I think?

sadly not surprised, been keeping an eye on the weather each day..... 

3rd I am OK with however still showing rain, but could change.  changing the date could also free up some others that maybe able to join

31st is out for me

Well I think Brian, Karl and I are up for giving it a go from start point to lunch venue. Maybe calling it a day there as lunch all booked. I know you two just don't want to miss out on a carvery!!

So, Richard, Jay, Dom, Darren and Martin, entirely up to you what you want to do? Understand if you'd rather leave it.

Otherwise, I'll be at start venue at 10am, ready to head off about 10.30 ish. Then we'll head to Thurrock Services as planned. Will probably need to fix my wipers by then, or bail the car out!!

Think we'll stick with The Royal Oak near Brands Hatch then to start.

Ok, just to be clear. Start point about 10am at The Royal Oak on the A20 near Brands Hatch in Kent. Don't forget to prepay or remember to pay your Dart Charge for the Dartford Crossing everyone. Should be at Thurrock Services by 11.15am.

Lunch is at The Three Rivers Country Club in Cold Norton at 12.30pm. Then we'll decide if weathers good enough to carry on. So far, I've only done the route up to Maldon anyway tbh!

Just got in from drive it day.

Firstly big thanks to dave for organising it. Well done mate.

We all ignored the weather reports and it paid off.

Here's a couple of pics from 2 stop off points.

image.jpg2_zpspoaidwcc.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsapz1mzl1.jpg

We got a good selection of mantas here in the south east,different styles/models/ colours

Great day out ,good food & great company & hopefully a new owner soon if we haven't put him off with our tales of rust !!

• Like 4

Did it happen today ?  Any Pic's ?   My Coupe is going into body/paintshop 27th April so will miss this convoy . But will be interested in future runs when planned  :D

Ian ( MantaMan )  have sent you PM    :D

oooooooops  just seen above posts and pic's   Looks like you had a good turn out .  B)  Good to see so many together  (y) 

Edited by bettyswallox

Did it happen today ?  Any Pic's ?   My Coupe is going into body/paintshop 27th April so will miss this convoy . But will be interested in future runs when planned  :D

Ian ( MantaMan )  have sent you PM    :D

oooooooops  just seen above posts and pic's   Looks like you had a good turn out .  B)  Good to see so many together  (y) 

It's about time you surfaced :o   Where have you been hiding?

• Like 1