Front Spoiler Manta A

tooler

Hi ,

just checking what's best method of fitting front spoiler on manta A. I've a lenk repo spoiler. And by just offering it up to it looks like it needs quite a bit of adjusting to make it fit nicely. How are they normally held on, can it be pop riveted or just sealed to it. Don't fancy drilling body but don't want it falling off either.

Thanks.

Just fitted one from lenk on my a series. I screwed it on with stainless countersunk screws, with a butyl based sealant. Then i glassed the centre join together and all the way along the bottom just to reinforce it.I wanted a seamless look so i taperd all the top edges before i put it on and then filled and faired it into the body. this might be a pain if it ever has to come off but who cares it looks cool. Theres pics in my wee a series rebuild in the project section.

• Like 1

Thanks for information on that. Did you have much hassle lining it up. Mine seems to be out of shape. Or does it all pull together when screwed. I've haven't spent much time with it just tried it up to see how it looks. Cheers again.

it did take a bit of time to line up, thats why i used the screws so i could manipulate it a bit. The worst bits on mine were around the indicators but didnt matter as much because i filled and faired out any imperfections. Just make sure you have the right size drill for a tapping hole and get it lined up before you drill

• Like 1