Seh Pistons

brianm

Does anyone know the difference between 2.0 seh and c20ne Pistons if any ,

I know the seh compression is 10.0:1 and the c20ne is 9.2:1

Trying to work out witch Pistons are in the engine I have ,it's supposed to have the higher compression one's but not sure

The engine is a c20ne running 1.8e ported head and higher lift cam

Thanks brian

The NE has a larger dish in the top of the piston and the SEH has a lot small dish, this is what gives you the difference in compression ratio

If your got a pic of the pistons post it up and will be able to confirm for you

Cheers

Andy

That great info ,thanks for your help Andy ,someone knew what they were doing when they built the engine ,it came out off a sunbeam rally car ,I had been told it had some tuning done but was unsure what,

So what I have is

N20ne block

20 seh Pistons

18e head

A hi lift cam off some sort

I have to go with it 4-2-1 tubular manifold ,set of twin 45's and a 1.8 dizzy altered to suit the carbs this lot should make 150bhp once it's set up ,I hope :)

Thanks brian

in my experience that set up pinked its nuts off, no matter what i did with the distributor and the carbs . the cr was too high .

but my block face had been skimmed a bit . and the pistons were slightly proud of the block face at the top of the stroke !!   they don't seem to knock the head off luckily 

I would recommend the 2.0 seh head for no pre ignition, with the 1800 cam shaft , or the one you have .

forget the dizzy look at that  , if you haven't already 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NODIZ-3D-Mappable-Electronic-Ignition-System-no-need-for-EDIS-or-Megajolt-ECU-/271778494302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4742b75e