Finally I Have Loaded A Few Pictures Of My Manta Coupe

davegettingonabit

Hi to everyone I have included a link to photobucket  with pictures of my recently acquired Manta GTE Exec coupe (Thanks Carl). I or should I say My Daughters partner have started the process of bringing the vehicle up to as good a standard as we can with new Callipers/pads, exchange heater fan, ignition switch, there is a little paint to do bubbling front bonnet one or two small paint blemishes, later this year I intend to have the power steering conversion done as boy is it heavy in tight spaces !!. I work for Renault and the guys at work put on a ramp and have told me it is very good underneath having had some professional welding carried out and I was told the car was dry stored  for 14 years so I guess this has helped, the car cant be described as concourse but is very close for 27 years old !, I intend to keep for a year or two show it when I can and generally have some fun in her I have got classic insurance with an agreed value of £5500 although I believe when finished I can get this up a little, let me know what you think and I look forward to catching up with some members later this year, Best wishes David.

so its an exclusive replica! was it once a white GTE, ~~ (White manta GTE with same reg in photos) so it doesn't have a sunroof!, nice colour, nice condition, my first manta was this colour, excellent choice.

Q, if your wheels where white? how did you manage to strip them, polish and change colour, same with plastic cover, did it turn out good?

Q, if you got any new parts, a list of suppliers etc, always help out others restoring them,

wish you health to enjoy, beautiful car

Sorry about the confusion, the white Manta was my first GTE purchased new in 1985 (C545 NRD) I then bought 418DMW and put on the car so as suggested by other members the blue car is no replica its the real thing !, thanks to all who helped in getting the car up to its current condition and my aim is to continue with the good work, thanks guys.

• Like 1