Manta B Cc '79 By Messerschmitt

Messerschmitt

One more post about repairing

how i refresh water pump)))

somebody said that our water pump , non-collapsible, therefore not repaired

"beyond repair" cut ears ... so I decided to disassemble the water pump

Found information on the replacement of the native fiber to LADA, bought steel fiber and went to the garage

Heated impeller, gently knocked ..

And then complete disconnect:

Someone has been here before me; for my eyes rested on the gland, exactly the same as in my hand, just a little dirtier.

Without any one round fiber

Mentally buy a new pump decided to dismantle and remove the more disorderly bearing

The seat turned pressing copper sleeve that led to the idea of inauthenticity bearing ,took off his size and went to google. So it turned out - the bearing of VAZ pump

heater is not required, but I still heated

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Shot down impeller

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

That's what I saw under the impeller

Then it all dug from the pump
That's actually an adapter sleeve, with shaft on the impeller (aka, his plane is pressed against the fiber)

That body pump with copper sleeve

I bought a new pump bearing VAZ(LADA,like Fiat 124) (330902 is his mark 16x30x39, gated)

Customized to the size of the old one.

Pres bearing into the pump

Then again put VAZ shaft seal pumps

joint sealant 

I drive in the sleeve back into the impeller

Press on the impeller shaft

measure the gap

For compression flange mounting pulley

The pump is assembled and ready to install.

21,01,2014 repair budget amounted to UAH 26.40 (at the then exchange rate of $ 3.18) and two hours of time

I hope to help someone

• Like 1

(sorry im using google translator)

Now the forum has been updated all your pre-update posts in Ukraine have been scrambled.

Google translate is good but not perfect, i can be too literal sometimes, translating word for word instead of restructuring a sentance into a different language.

This is a great thread because you are doing things that i have never seen done before.

In the UK water pumps are still available, but one day they might not be and then we will all be coping your idea to repair them.

You will need to type your profile again, the website update has even scrambled your name !!

Edited by MANTAMAN

Perfect translation! Understand fully, thank you, now more pics please!

I promise to correct my English)

U wellcome)))

by the way,how are you with the presence of radiator heater? I have dystroed my(accidentally) and it was very hard to find a new one. Good that I work in the sale of spare parts(for TIR)and I have access to a variety of catalogs. Almost perfect suitable radiator heater from Dacia(Renault) Logan. 

Tomorrow i will try to instal Dacia radiator heater and will make a lot of photo)))

• Like 1

Great information for hubs, stud pattern. Also water pump.

Do you have problems with manta parts in your country?

You seem to repair rather than replace, which is great, waste not want not!

A great mind, a good pair of hands, and determination, you cannot loose!

Wish you health to enjoy your manta for many more years!

Great information for hubs, stud pattern. Also water pump.

Do you have problems with manta parts in your country?

You seem to repair rather than replace, which is great, waste not want not!

A great mind, a good pair of hands, and determination, you cannot loose!

Wish you health to enjoy your manta for many more years!

There are only 52 Manta in Ukraine (officially) and the biggest part - scrap-metal. It is the first reason of parts missing. Another reason is high course of $ to grivna (UA money). The average monthly salary in Ukraine is less than 100$ (!) 

But that is not main reason 

I LIKE (LOVE,FOND OF))) repairing  (even in case when everybody say that is not possible))))

Thank U very much!!! Wish your cars a million kilometres run!

• Like 3