Another Manta 400 Replica

AMG

So my dad took the head staggers again and bought another Manta. He thought that it would look well alongside his Ascona 400 rep.

Started off as a 1982 small bumper model Manta as these seem to have stood the test of time better than the later models. Only metalwork its had is replacing the front grill from the earlier 2 slot to the later 4 slot. Apart from that it was as straightforward as fitting a 400 kit can be. Biggest problem was cleaning up the mess the last person that painted it made, as it was resprayed to help sell it. Think the paint was threw on and brushed in with a yard brush!!

Anyway a few pics of how it sits now:

410903493.jpg
410903492.jpg
410903491.jpg
410903490.jpg
410903489.jpg
410903488.jpg
410903486.jpg
410903485.jpg
410903484.jpg
410903483.jpg
410903482.jpg

And its companions in the garage
410903487.jpg
410903494.jpg
  • Like 9

How adrain, get that colour scheme sorted, ive some great pics of bertie fishers manta. That way we can have a race! Fisher, Mc Hale battles, all over again.

How good would that look, both of them parked at shows!

with the andrews, there too, all we need is jimmys ac delco, but im working on that!!

Now dont be going all sensible on us, with the normal, white, opel door graphics, anyway there are way too many like that, and you could end up taking the wrong car home! Ive a number for a graphics guy, if you want?

How adrain, get that colour scheme sorted, ive some great pics of bertie fishers manta. That way we can have a race! Fisher, Mc Hale battles, all over again.

How good would that look, both of them parked at shows!

with the andrews, there too, all we need is jimmys ac delco, but im working on that!!

Now dont be going all sensible on us, with the normal, white, opel door graphics, anyway there are way too many like that, and you could end up taking the wrong car home! Ive a number for a graphics guy, if you want?

It will be done like the Ascona until December 16 as my sister wants to use it for her wedding, but after that he is keen to do a Fisher rep with it!

Thats the stuff, adrain. Great taste in cars for a wedding car!

How all I have to do is convince the bro to do his as ac delco, a jimmy replica.

How good would that look, mc hale, brooks, mcrae, and fisher. Thats some lineup, ever if they are replicas. Nice convoy to any show.

Cant understand why anyone would want to settle on white!

Keep er lit! Great job so far, as always!

Ascona A, i200, Ascona 400R and now a Manta 400R - i hate your Dad !!

joking aside, that is an amazing collection, any chance of one or more of them making their way to Billing in July?

Wont have any of the Mantas or Asconas over this year as I am taking my Nova Sport over for the 30th birthday celebrations for it.

So you have a Nova Sport - i hate you as well !!!

That is one great collection of Vauxhall / Opel Cars, ever though of starting a museum?

How much do you hate me now? Lol

410940503.jpg

410940504.jpg

Never thought of a museum, don't think there is enough variation!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wheels got a lick of paint to match the car:

411466233.jpg

411466232.jpg

Have all the 5 stud conversion bits gathered up at last, just waiting on the postman arriving with them and we are good to go!

• Like 6

• 9 months later...

Very nice there AMG B)

the lower front valance and side skirts that are painted black, can I ask what paint (code) did you use and what measurements did you use to apply the coat? 

I would like to add that feature to my 400R

I just used a matt black aerosol for the black bits. Front bumper was was as there is a natural line so painted up to it. Skirts were just done by eye from looking at pictures on line. Big problem with that is, no 2 cars seemed to be the same! I just ran with what looked like Opel press pictures for the Manta 400.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AMG said:

I just used a matt black aerosol for the black bits. Front bumper was was as there is a natural line so painted up to it. Skirts were just done by eye from looking at pictures on line. Big problem with that is, no 2 cars seemed to be the same! I just ran with what looked like Opel press pictures for the Manta 400.

Cheers It is something I will look in to closer to the time. I know what you mean with the cars all being different, I think that is what confused me. :blink:

• Like 1

I will get you my measurements if you want, but as I said we just taped up to where we thought looked like and went for it!

Got the blitz retrimmed seats back now too so it is pretty much complete.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

Would love a Risse engine, but mega money. To be honest the CIH in it wont be used to its full potential really which was the main reason for not even doing a red top conversion. Added the 40's for a better sound!

Edited by AMG
  • Like 6