Carlton 2.2I 5 Speed Manual Gearbox

Sutty2006

Required ASAP.

I have a 5 speed getrag CIH manta box that I am willing to trade for it, as the manta linkage will have to be modified to fit the carlton tunnel.

Cheers!

Edited by Sutty2006

• 2 weeks later...

Sutty,

Any idea of the measurements? I took all the linkages off the gearboxes i have so if you know the length i'll have a rummage in the stuff i have. I do have a 1800 box out of a carlton so the linkage will probably be the same, but its stashed somewhere that i cant get to at the mo. Might be moving stuff from there in the next month or so if you can wait , but it is only a maybe!!!

Chris

Right. Ive just measured the linkage bracket on a spare 1.8 gearbox from a Manta that ive got. Must be the same as a 2.0 manta box linkage. Its 8 inches in length ..... oo err.... so, if you have one thats more than 8 inches along the top .... we might be cooking on gas.

I might have the selector, when I did my 2.4 manual conversion I used the gearbox from a 2.2 and almost had kittens when the gearstick wouldn't for through my newly modified tunnel! Once I swapped the selector for a manta one it fitted perfectly. I can't imagine I sold it on so I'll have a look when Im next at my lockup. If you haven't heard from me in a week or so then chase me up!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...