Build Dates Of Vehicles

Depends what the vehicle is to be honest, and how accurate the dating needs to be. The club doesn't have any factory records but I have some of the relevent Glass' Check Books. However for certain ages of car the information isn't in them either. It may be worth contacting Opel Classic in Germany, although I've had no luck with this route trying to get info for the club.

If this is regarding road tax then if the tax exemption is now rolling again rather than fixed date it's a non problem.

When it was not rolling getting free tax based on build date was worth looking into. If it is rolling, then just wait another 6 months / year till it is free

Thanks for the replies so far. It's not so much for the tax at the moment as it's an early 1980 reg hatch, but could have been built in 1979.

Might be important in a few years time perhaps. It was more to add to history of the car, and answer another question or two.

I did try emailing a guy Andy at Heritage Centre suggested, but no response. I think all Sportshatches were built at Antwerp and it has a 7505 starter to the VIN, but I was trying to nail down a month, as we can do with UK built Vauxhall cars. We'll keep trying.

Dave B

Thanks for the replies so far. It's not so much for the tax at the moment as it's an early 1980 reg hatch, but could have been built in 1979.

Might be important in a few years time perhaps. It was more to add to history of the car, and answer another question or two.

I did try emailing a guy Andy at Heritage Centre suggested, but no response. I think all Sportshatches were built at Antwerp and it has a 7505 starter to the VIN, but I was trying to nail down a month, as we can do with UK built Vauxhall cars. We'll keep trying.

Dave B

The OE panels have the dates stamped in. There are dates in tinwork all over these cars.