Spares Or Radical Renovation Project.

Jim Macdonald

B series 2 litre GTE coupe. Original engine and gearbox. Decent interior. Spares including two front seats if you want them, clutch, cam shafts starter motor, wheel and jack. Four oil filled Konis probably worth taking off. Kenwood six changer with tape player / radio / speakers. Offers above £250. You will need a 750kg rig with a winch and a fairly powerful tow car (1,100 kg) to collect. North Leeds. Jim 01943877272. jbmacdonald@hotmail.co.uk

hope a member gets this car and restores it, this crazy cheap,

there are to many people who will just buy this and strip it for for profit, ebay them, and make over 2k or just ebay the whole car.

i believe that when someone sells a car cheap like this it needs to go to the right person.

i no nothing about this car, but i reckon there's a good chance its not that bad,

car sold ebay around £1500 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-E-Reg-Opel-Manta-GTE-2-0i-Exclusive-Coupe-Rare-In-Red-Restoration-Project-/121608482315?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=vHWAStiayx4BcZaaBSaeQSF%252FaLM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edited by droop snoot hp firenza
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

How nice, been sold to someone on here for £250 then put straight on eBay for £1595!

Not a bad profit from picking it up from Leeds.

What people choose to do with the cars, or anything for that matter, that they have bought is their own business.

I don't really think making comments on the forum about them really helps anyone.

• Like 7

How nice, been sold to someone on here for £250 then put straight on eBay for £1595!

Not a bad profit from picking it up from Leeds.

And also having the facts straight before commenting would be helpful too . It was offers over £250 and i did indeed pay more . And I spent considerable time getting it running too , it's hardly straight on eBay .

And anyway I make no secret of the fact I'm a car dealer and making profits on things I buy , it's what I do for a living.

Should I begrudge your wages that you work hard for ? No I don't it's none of my business .

And all those profits aren't wages because all my business overheads come out of them - not least the recovery truck with heavy duty winch that was needed to remove this car from its resting place , any less wouldn't have been able to uplift it.

And then add into the mix that I'm a long time owners club member , want to do right by the car and see it restored and not broken up.

And add further into the mix that the chap selling the car knew fully I was a trade buyer and really appreciated the fact I could collect the car next day with no quibble , hassle , messing about.

And then I've spent virtually a whole day writing a full and frank appraisal of the car in exhaustive detail. I'm happy to spend all the time necessary to explain all the car needs to potential purchasers. In fact I've spent most of today doing that.

All things considered I've given a rare car a good chance of survival.

I've no problem with being completely open in all I do business wise and I set out to do it right . More than you'll get from most traders ....

• Like 11