Anyone Fancy A Challenge?

Yeah thats me

Thought I detected the sour grapes :-) business is business and all that , chap I bought the car from said you were trade too. At least I'm doing the right thing by the car and not breaking it because that's where the real profit is in this car

I'm a car dealer , I make profits :-) and it was more than £250 thank you . Are you the guy from Ireland i outbid on it ??

I got hand it to you mate, you sure know how to advertise a car, you don't pull any punches.

• Like 1

Got to be worth around the asking price as my Astra GTE Mk1 is just as bad and been offered above that price for it.

My Manta was nearly as bad as that when I bought it and I don't think it turned out bad.

Don't forget these are now bringing £5000+ on a good day and especially if it's a genuine (which it is, just by looking at the corrosion ;) ) Exclusive.

• Like 1

Just looked again, yes its an exclusive! Apologies, whats spec savers number!

Brave, heart like a lion. That would make you cry, if is such a rare car, why was it left outside to rot. Cant blame the owner cashing in, in a ever increasing classic car money game. Just would have been worth alot more if it was stored, and mint.

I have a half crushed weetabix box, if anyone is interested, easier to weld too!

Great model of car all the same, always loved red, with the green tinted glass, someone get the welder warmed up, a lone of the bank managers bonus, and get it saved.

Edited by brady

I have a half crushed weetabix box, if anyone is interested, easier to weld too!

if the weetabix box is pre chinese ownership it could be worth a lot !  :)

Tony

Edited by tony g
  • Like 2

I know sometimes it's not always the owners fault why these cars get abandoned and left to rot but more than often its a case of either greed (ie it'll be worth a fortune in a few years) or the old "I'm gonna do it up for my son/ daughter/ great granny". I know where my old GTE coupe is and I went to see it 2 yrs ago with a view to buying it back and it's rotten to the core. It's been stored in a dry shed but people don't realise that the rust doesn't stop just because it's undercover. I spoke to the bloke a month ago and he still wants a fortune for it like he did 2 yrs ago and in all honesty in 2 more yrs there'll be nothing left. It drives mad! Rant over! Best of luck with the sale MrCarlos well done for saving it in time (just!)

• Like 1