Manifold Help Needed

Den83

I might be able to pick up a cheap set of twin 40 webbers for my manta 1.8. the lad that im getting them off also has  an opel 8 valve manifold but is unsure what engine it is off. My car is currently away getting work done so i cant check if it will fit my engine. 

So i was wondering if anyone would know by looking at the pictures i have attached if it would fit my 1.8 engine?

11092541_798694703546510_254941928_n.jpg

11082787_798694713546509_362778758_n.jpg

Can you get a manifold gasket quick and check against that?

Tony

I have ordered one from my local motor factor but they wont have it till mid next week. so i was just taking a chance that someone on this might know!ha

If it is right then the ports have been opened up on the side that fits to the head. As the inlet port on an 18S head are round. Not oval. Some of the later 1800 SPI engines have rectangular inlet ports on the head.

• 2 weeks later...

the manifold gasket came today and unfortunately the the holes did not match the manifold that is in the picture.

So i was wondering if anybody knows where i could get a manifold to suit the webbers or if anybody has one lying around?