Yellow Cavalier

Snowy

This arrived at my house this morning....

cav%202_zps9mrdpzss.jpg

cav%201_zps3ulrxafq.jpg

cav%203_zps9zktsjsq.jpg

cav%204_zpsdmbtcde4.jpg

You probably saw it on ebay. I called the guy up and did a deal, The car was collected yesterday and dropped off today.

It is better than described which is always good but there is still a lot of work to do.

If anyone has any parts they don't need that would suit this car please get in touch...

• Like 5

What's your plans for it Snowy ?

I don't know. I'm not sure if I should keep it standard or modify it a little.

I do want a five speed box for it no matter what. I have a prop, just need a CIH box.

Thanks

got a brand new payen 2.0e/s head gasket still in it's wrapper if that any use to you mate?you can have for cost of postage if you like.

Please, can you pm me your payment details for the postage.

Thanks

Took the engine out today so I can start the repairs to the chassis. The subframe will also have to come out. Amazingly one of the chassis rail bolts just came out. The other with come out tomorrow.

IMAG0456_zpsytjwer7g.jpg

IMAG0457_zpsot1fyvsv.jpg

IMAG0458_zpszywjelcs.jpg

IMAG0459_zps8afonrad.jpg

IMAG0461_zpsteuekjep.jpg

• Like 5

Starting stripping the car today so I can start the welding this weekend. I wan this car to go to billing.......

The floors are better than I thought they would be

IMAG0473_zpsvpwoqgus.jpg

IMAG0474_zpsmvvjteh3.jpg

IMAG0471_zpsg8f0skv8.jpg

IMAG0472_zpsi33emwac.jpg

But the chassis rails are as expected...

IMAG0477_zpszzpco4sc.jpg

IMAG0478_zpsob1j0sf3.jpg

But I have the front subframe off now so work can start

IMAG0476_zpsazbrykbk.jpg

• Like 2

Get it to Billing Snowy, it will nice to see as many pre-facelift Manta B's, Ascona B's & MK1 Cavaliers on the field seeing as it's the 40th anniversary of the launch of those cars.

The only way it is going to get to billing if I am lucky finding some parts. The body wont be the issue. Going to try and do my best!!

looks great, seems to be in good shape, are the seats ok, the yellow outside and black upholstery looks really cool,

i like cars mostly standard and yours is a really nice colour combo, i think you have got a good buy there, cant wait to see more photos of the resto.

The interior is in very good condition, except the carpet. So it will be going back in.

Thanks

if you can not get any bumpers, they straighten up really easy, just using a soft plastic hammer or a copper hammer wrapped with some extra cushioning.

I straightened mine up, as i was advised by another member, as to how easy it was, and it is,

your bumpers look to be in pretty good condition 

• Like 1

if you can not get any bumpers, they straighten up really easy, just using a soft plastic hammer or a copper hammer wrapped with some extra cushioning.

I straightened mine up, as i was advised by another member, as to how easy it was, and it is,

your bumpers look to be in pretty good condition 

Looks can be deceiving. But I have nothing to loose trying to straighten them.....we shall see... Thanks

I'm really starting to like this car. Every fastener comes undone with no issues and they come out looking like new. It took me only fifteen minutes today to completely strip the front subframe. Look at the through bolts for the upper wish bones. These just undid and pulled out only using my fingers. I've never taken one apart this easily before!!!

IMAG0482_zpsqardpr18.jpg

IMAG0483_zps0dtzrglc.jpg

• Like 4

Chassis rail on the drivers side stripped of the outer sections where the blistering was happening..

I just need to repair the inner sections where needed then make new outer skins to cover it all. Want both chassis rails finished by Friday.

IMAG0490_zpshcefytbo.jpg

IMAG0494_zpsncxzlryp.jpg

IMAG0493_zpsvofsa5if.jpg

Edited by Snowy

That seems pretty good rot for one of these. Repairs are moving along quickly. Looking forward to seeing it

To be honest everyone goes on about how the earlier cars don't rot as bad as the late ones. I've owned quite a few of each and I'd say they are all as bad as each other.

I honestly think it is more to do with how they've been stored and used.

But soon the chassis rails on this car will look like new :-)

• Like 1

Well did a little bit more today, have given up for today as it felt like it might rain.

Cut the rotten piece of inner out at the top and then welded in a new section. I have also started on the outer. Needs more welding and cleaning up. But it is getting stronger..

IMAG0497_zps0mkcv9fn.jpg

IMAG0498_zpseeimujj7.jpg

IMAG0499_zpszo40zi5f.jpg

IMAG0501_zpst267wtjy.jpg

IMAG0502_zpse83uno4a.jpg

• Like 1