Opel Ascona B Vxr

Vxr ascona b

Would like to see some photos of that I am rebuilding Ascona i2000 at the moment total rebuild 2 door right hand drive car is at paint a moment just seen you are after some head light is it just glass or full light !!

Love the 'Frankenstiens laboritory' picture with the VXR carcuss and the Ascona.

Your are right, bang for buck the VXR engine has a lot going for it. plenty becoming available now.

One question, how do you propose to overcome the issue of the Turbo being in the way of the passengers side engine mount??

Looking like I'll have make a bespoke manifold and get another turbo Garrett t3 or similar or even bigger , I'm going try and mount it on the upside rather than facing downwards so when you open the bonnet it will be straight in your face,

• Like 2

Great photos, keep them coming,

Take it you are swapping to rhd, due to turbo.

The steering column is the main headache for folks modding left hookers.

Take it its an original 2 door ascona. Originals are very rare, as most are cavs, with ascona fronts. Asconaliers!

Nice to have a factory built one, as it left the factory. With all documents matching.

I like you way of thinking regarding engine purchase,its a great way of getting power, cheaply.

Whats the plan, narrow body or kit. Colour change, been ages since i seen a original yellow ascona.

Is the magnum coupe also your, now that is a probably the nicest ive ever seen.

I can see a vxr manta in the pipeline? What sort of power are you expecting?

Edited by brady

Yes it's going rhd, and yes it's origanal 2 door imported from Germany I paid 900 euros for it , and it's solid , the floor has had about 3 patches at the front the rest is mint , the sills are mint and original the left side rear atrch has been welded in but I've got a replacement rear 1/4 panel from Germany and it's a full original back wing , no kit leaving it as standard outside , the magnum isn't mine but that's the colour I'm looking towards , a nice metalic grey , retro looking

Edited by Vxr ascona b

Great choice on colour.

Great stove choice too, 240 ish bhp standard, 30 mpg ish, I would guess these figures could rise?

Any plans on what axle, and gearbox you are using.

Top project. So you got 250bhp for buttons!

There is a lesson to be learned here

Like your style! Best of luck with project, keep the pics coming!

Great stove choice too, 240 ish bhp standard, 30 mpg ish, I would guess these figures could rise?

The Astra vxr 2.0 leh is 240 bhp standard so should be quite easy to get to around 290 - 300 bhp

I have got an Astra with the Zlet engine and that is 170 bhp standard, but with better intake and intercooler and other minor 'tinkering' that rises to 220/230 bhp, and the cars they come from are starting appear as breakers, that includes Zafira's, not a vehical that is likely to have a huge following preserving them.

On the subject of Zafira's, there is one mad modified example that makes around 550 bhp !! so 300 bhp from these engines is not a difficult propsition, if a way of overcoming the turbo /engine mount issue can be found then the days of spending a fortune making a XE screamer to get 250+ bhp are over.

• Like 1