Opel Ascona B Vxr

Vxr ascona b

• 2 weeks later...

The sump is off it won't fit with the original that's my next job trying to find one or make one , I'm hopeing to use the ecu , I have all the Vxr wiring , the problems I might have will include. The abs , airbags, sport suspension mode , but I'm sure I'll get round it somehow

I hope you find that a CIH sump fits and makes them all worth a mint :lol: just like what happened years ago with the 1800 

Don't they have a transponder on the column?  I had the issue when looking at a focus rs engine ( volvo v70 lpt) to fit into a manta

• 4 weeks later...

The z20leh and variants have the same block design ss the 1.8's again so require all the expensive Manta parts.

I am near finished my z20leh Ascona 4 Dr build also.

It's not as simple as an Xe or let fitment unfortunately.

So far iv had to have a modified custom oil pickup made from Retropower to fit the winged sump, weld up the ejr apertures in the head as it fouls the bulkhead, source an x20xev throttle body to run in cable operation and I have used megasquirt management to do away with any electrical gremlins I'd no doubt face.

It will be well worth it in the end though!!

Well done.

Yes but the girdle and pickup pipe don't, and the pickup pipe is an absolute **** to sort. We have one up on eBay at the mo but to be honest I doubt I will be doing them apart from for my own engine builds in the future, Scott kindly lent me the bits and the cajoling to do one and I have done a couple for my own engines but they are incredibly expensive to make needing a cnc machined block for the pump takeoff due to space constraints !!