Gte 2.0 Cih Running Rough When Cold

i2000

hi,my manta starts first time every time but when cold after about half a minute the revs drop and it becomes very lumpy and will stall if i let it,if i lightly press the throttle the revs pick up but takes a few seconds to run smooth again,it is fine when it warms up,the engine has been rebuilt and has good compression,can anybody point me in the right direction,thanks.

probably a problem with your cold-start system: do you got a CIH with that coldstart injector on the rear

of your inlet-manifold? (some do not)

Check if the wires on your thermostatic house (how do you call it in English??) are plugged in the right way

on the right sensor. Check if the cold-start injector is plugged in, check for corrosion even on the massa

wire of the engine and the one on the inlet manifold. Check the wires (could be broken somewhere)

Offcourse: is the feul line installed on the injector?

If the cold-start sensor does not work properly you'v got the same problem. Important: The cold-start injector

is also activated with the "50" wire of your starter engine, so if you start the engine the injector injects and

if the engine runs the "cold-start temperature switch" (one of those sensors on the thermo-house) takes over.

If this all works properly check the other temperature sensor, every temperature has got its specific resistance.

I'v got those info if you need it.

I think you can take some time with this, succes!

probably a problem with your cold-start system: do you got a CIH with that coldstart injector on the rear

of your inlet-manifold? (some do not)

Check if the wires on your thermostatic house (how do you call it in English??) are plugged in the right way

on the right sensor. Check if the cold-start injector is plugged in, check for corrosion even on the massa

wire of the engine and the one on the inlet manifold. Check the wires (could be broken somewhere)

Offcourse: is the feul line installed on the injector?

If the cold-start sensor does not work properly you'v got the same problem. Important: The cold-start injector

is also activated with the "50" wire of your starter engine, so if you start the engine the injector injects and

if the engine runs the "cold-start temperature switch" (one of those sensors on the thermo-house) takes over.

If this all works properly check the other temperature sensor, every temperature has got its specific resistance.

I'v got those info if you need it.

I think you can take some time with this, success.

i removed the cold start injector and it worked when i cranked the engine,i opened up the injection loom and checked it during the restoration as i could not get the engine to run,turned out to be the green wire from the coil had broken inside the insulation near the end.i had checked the sensor resistances and they were good but will check again.the car was off the road for 17 years,thanks for your help.