Carbs Or Injection?

johnboy

Spoke to the guy in Chester Sports Cars today about the nodiz unit, seems that is a very popular unit used with the ford zetec engine, but he wasn't too clued up about the xe, he gave me the number of the bloke at nodiz hq, spoke to him about it and it's easily programmed for use with the xe, uses the original 60-2 trigger wheel that is cast into the crank and will work with all the xe sensors, coil pack etc and will also pick up off R1 carb throttle position sensor so seems a good deal. Will come with a pre loaded map and is also mappable.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Running 45,s on mine get them set right, no problem at all fuel economy is pretty good to be fair depends if you got a heavy foot, wouldn't say it's chucking money away. depends how much money you wana spend I would love ITB,s but havnt got the money, 

eventually went with R1 bike carbs and a nodiz unit, had the side mounted front dizzy set up as per 1.8 manta for a while, drove well with good power, had it set up at A&B on his rolling road this way, made 115 at the wheels which I wasn't too impressed about but we couldn't get a decent advance curve with the dizzy, set up with the nodiz now so need to get back for another mapping session, must say tho, wasn't impressed to start with as I am now on my third nodiz unit after having two faulty ones in the space of a month, done about 300 mile on this one now so hopefully be ok, will update after roller session.:thumbup