Portable Shot Blaster

Snowy

This is the one i used 

http://www.localtoolsales.com/garage-equipment/CT176-10-gallon-sand-blasting-machine

does a nice job, small tip, use kiln dried sand from b and q very fine an cheap nice smooth finish to body work 

Lewis has offered me the use of his and it looks just like the one in your picture. Can I ask what compressor you have though? What CFM does it have??

Also can you use sand? I thought that was quite deadly with out the correct breathing equipment....or am I confusing that with something else???

No sand is BAD to use without a full air fed breather setup, can cause Silicosis in the lungs (very bad!)

Use proper blasting media, its not expensive and comes in different grades of abrasiveness. Available from machine mart or normally any local blasting firm will sell you smaller amounts

You do have to scrape the underseal off first as the media just bounces off it overwise.

My best tip for underseal removal on a stripped shell (ideally when on the spit) is heat the inside of the floor with blow torch then scrape from underneath.

That way you don't set the underseal on fire, but the heat loosens it from being stuck to the metal and it scrapes off really easily. Obviously you need to remove the sound-deadening from inside first.

• Like 2

No sand is BAD to use without a full air fed breather setup, can cause Silicosis in the lungs (very bad!)

Use proper blasting media, its not expensive and comes in different grades of abrasiveness. Available from machine mart or normally any local blasting firm will sell you smaller amounts

You do have to scrape the underseal off first as the media just bounces off it overwise.

My best tip for underseal removal on a stripped shell (ideally when on the spit) is heat the inside of the floor with blow torch then scrape from underneath.

That way you don't set the underseal on fire, but the heat loosens it from being stuck to the metal and it scrapes off really easily. Obviously you need to remove the sound-deadening from inside first.

I'm going to leave any underseal that seems stuck down. I only really want to blast areas that have surface corrosion but are solid.

Thanks