Time To Return

GerryC400

Its been a while since I visited the forum. I have been an enthusiast of these rare cars since I was a teenager, didn't own one till 20 years ago , I have always had mantas since, currently have 3 coupes. all 3 I see are still in the gallery. Though the 3rd car was a project back then , it was finished in 2013 finally as a mantzel Kitted car.  

Nice to see a strong following still. I think there are still a few people / members up this neck of the woods in Aberdeenshire. Havent seen a manta on the road up this way for years, apart from getting my wife to drive past in mine...........

Anyway , I look forward to making more regular  visits to the site and keep up with whats happening in the manta world, next task will be to get a membership.

Rgds To all

Gerry

• Like 4

Hi Gerry,

Welcome back, membership can be done on this forum, allow a few days or so for it to be processed though.

Two things about the Manta's -

1 - we need to see current pictures posted here (which means hosting them on the photobucket until the forum upgrade gets going)

2 - you must join the "Clan Manta" convoy to Billing in July with one of them.

I know there are other Manta Club members in your area, I am sure that Paul, Lepo5 on here lives in Stonehaven near Aberdeen, he'll know who is about in that part of Scotland.

I don't mind the pics being put here, like I say I am limited with computer skills. thank you. At least people that I bought parts off of over the years will see I did finally use them.

I am still around Kev, those parts I bought off you live on in the red car!Thank you. Hope your keeping well!

There used to be a chap called Shug on here from further North, he done me a huge favour a good few years ago , by helping me get the V8 engine I bought down in Cornwall up to Perth. He went to the show at Billing where the seller (also went above and beyond, cant recall his name) of the engine had taken it to and Shug took it to Perth. I had never met the guy before until I went to get the engine from Perth. He drove around Edinburgh with the engine in his Audi for a week till I could get down for it. Top man! went above and beyond the call. I am sure he was into A series.

I bought the car reasonably local from Jim in Montrose 10 or so years ago, then the body kit, then the wheels to suit. Jim was a big help in sourcing parts I needed, and is pretty gifted at getting hold of stuff.

Its been a while since I visited the forum. I have been an enthusiast of these rare cars since I was a teenager, didn't own one till 20 years ago , I have always had mantas since, currently have 3 coupes. all 3 I see are still in the gallery. Though the 3rd car was a project back then , it was finished in 2013 finally as a mantzel Kitted car.  

Nice to see a strong following still. I think there are still a few people / members up this neck of the woods in Aberdeenshire. Havent seen a manta on the road up this way for years, apart from getting my wife to drive past in mine...........

Anyway , I look forward to making more regular  visits to the site and keep up with whats happening in the manta world, next task will be to get a membership.

Rgds To all

Gerry

Hello and welcome Gerry the photos of your Mantas are great. Your Dolphin Grey one reminds me of my godfathers, he was a Manta owner years ago and I remember his Dolphin Grey one when I was a young kid and the one you have reminds me of it. 

The red car is a love or hate car. Also the chrome is like that too for some folk.I kept the chrome as it was a silver 2 manta. I like it as it is a period kit and shows what people could have  got upto with their motors back then.

The wheels are 15 inch rims , the rear tyres are 335 35 15, I was told tyres were originally made for a lambo. The Fronts are 295 40 15.  Tried the rears on the 400 for a laugh, and that's what it was.  Way to wide for a 400 kit. I spaced the rears 1/2 an inch to get them flush with the outside of the arches on red car. The fronts are just inside the arches no spacers needed.

I lowered it 40 mm which looked really good till the springs settled. Front arches were just sitting mm away from tyre, it wouldn't clear the garage door slight ramp with the exhausts, looked good but no use. Did consider bagging the car, but the cost was high, although I would like to for a laugh,,,,,,,,,, one day maybe.

• Like 1

I can confirm the high cost of air ride if you want to go for good quality gear  :ph34r: Damn import tax doesn't help. It could be done cheaper without bells and whistles (And still decent gear) but you would end up limited to measuring ride heights via individual PSI measurements at each corner etc etc.

The wheels are 15 inch rims , the rear tyres are 335 35 15, I was told tyres were originally made for a lambo. The Fronts are 295 40 15.

Do you know how wide the actual wheels are Gerry? and the make? They look like maybe Image split rims? Very nice either way!