Fuel Pump Relay Gte

bettyswallox

I have many relays John, but they are not on the O/S WING!!!!  they are in two boxes in my shed! :D so how do I know which one it is?

Edited by Julian
  • Like 1

Thanks for the pic Fermanta (y)

Yes also a thank you. I have got one the same shape as that same contacts, but it is a SIEMENS make, and the numbers are different, I think it is compatable cos i also has "pumpennrelays" on it. You are quite welcome to it  if you want it John, just PM me your address and I'll stick it in the post 1st class for you. Wheather it is a good one or not is another matter :o

• Like 1

I just checked the numbers on this one against the numbers on the one that I have Snowy, they are the same, but like I said, is it a good one?  worth the cost of postage to find out, well I wouldn't charge a member postage anyway!

I just checked the numbers on this one against the numbers on the one that I have Snowy, they are the same, but like I said, is it a good one?  worth the cost of postage to find out, well I wouldn't charge a member postage anyway!

I know. But my point was these are not hard to find.

Also it is worth noting that the soldered joints go dry. I've been able to revive nearly every GTE injection relay I've had by opening them up and re making the soldered joints.

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 1

I know. But my point was these are not hard to find.

Also it is worth noting that the soldered joints go dry. I've been able to revive nearly every GTE injection relay I've had by opening them up and re making the soldered joints.

Snowy, you remind me of one of the mechanics I had when I was with Sunblest Bakeries, we called him Morgan the moon, cos he used to look at the stars with his periscope!, but what I am getting to is, he was opening a flasher unit one day, the old round can type, I asked him why he was bothering to open it, his answer was " well I've stuck a new one in the vehicle, but I want to know why this one has failed, and if I can fix it it can go in the stores" But I have to say, he was one brilliant mechanic, you know the type I mean, if you asked him what engineers blue was, he would know, not many of the guys who work in garages today have even heard of it.

• Like 2

While you are waiting

fusebox.jpg

The fuel pump runs through fuse 7 on a GTE, and those of you who have tried will know you can pull every fuse out of the box but 7 and a Manta will still run.

So what's the point? Well if your injection relay goes you can usually limp home like this, a copper coin bridges either fuse 6 or 8 to 7 to power the fuel pump. Leave the injection relay in place when doing this or the injection won't run.

Other uses:

• Ran out of fuel and don't want to flatten the battery cranking while you wait for pressure
  • Emptying the tank / flushing new pipes
  • Finding out which is the feed if you don't trust going by pipe position
  • Some muppet connected an imobilizer / cut out switch badly
  • Fuel pump live will back feed to ignition, so you can pull the key out and leave the car running
Downsides, if its a poor connection the coin can get hot so don't melt the fuse box

No warranty implied or given.....

sig.jpg

Say what you like it's still a 1991 Manta

• Like 1