400 Body Kit

I would really like to, my car is in the projects section " Retirement project "  as I may be moving house I am having to get on with the car and hopefully convert to 400 body kit later, had hoped to find S/H kit perhaps needing some work as funds do not stretch to a new one :(  :( 

Edited by oldwheels

Yeah I know the feeling I am always stretched in my budget to own a Manta. I have busted my budget this month getting it all tracked up with new steering gaitors. Can only work with the cash we have :( I think you can get a 400 kit without breaking the bank too much, although I havent looked into one seriously.

Yeah I know the feeling I am always stretched in my budget to own a Manta. I have busted my budget this month getting it all tracked up with new steering gaitors. Can only work with the cash we have :( I think you can get a 400 kit without breaking the bank too much, although I havent looked into one seriously.

Yes you can get 400 kits without breaking the bank however its like the cheap chinese copies of the Engelmann Manta 400 mirrors you get what you pay for. For example the Manta 400 kit that Martin does is the best available and takes little or no fettling to fit saving a small fortune on time alone the quality is also there along with the fitment and no thin and flimsy panels to flap about like the cheap chinese mirrors either, but as you say you can only work with the cash you have so it would be better to save that bit longer and get the good stuff and save paying twice.

• Like 2

Yes you can get 400 kits without breaking the bank however its like the cheap chinese copies of the Engelmann Manta 400 mirrors you get what you pay for. For example the Manta 400 kit that Martin does is the best available and takes little or no fettling to fit saving a small fortune on time alone the quality is also there along with the fitment and no thin and flimsy panels to flap about like the cheap chinese mirrors either, but as you say you can only work with the cash you have so it would be better to save that bit longer and get the good stuff and save paying twice.

and save even longer for the bigger wheels,then even longer for the bigger/more powerful engine to turn the bigger wheels inside the big kit,oh sod it may just stay standard less hassle. :lol:  ;)

• Like 1

I feel better to know there are others who are on a tight budget, and yes I realise that the more you spend the better you get,

At my time of life I have more time than money and there is something rewarding in buying S/H and making good

And lets face it a Manta coupe with 400 body kit looks stunning :thumbup 

400 Kits turn up, so don't worry.

Rally Tech Road Sport (i240) kit was on my J reg when I got it (they made the moulds of the damaged one that came off my car years before I got it) Swapped for a wing and some cash

Another 400 kit I got it for a song and had the buyer wrap it and had a courier collect to solve the collection only issue. Gave it away. Now on Martins's convertible.

Another 400 Kit obtained off someone in wales for a song if I would remove it. Swapped with cash to Martin as part of him spraying my car in 2005/6ish

Genuine 400 bodykit - My loft

Rally Tech 400 kit - My loft

Hmm, there is a pattern here all the kits I have parted with are in Crewe.

Point is you can get them cheap especially if no one wants to chip them off an old car (easy wat is a sharp chisel down the inside (inside boot and quarter) to get the rivets off (if moulded on) then work the panel on the outside with a hammer working in to crack the filler away from the panel till it falls off.

Personally I would consider second hand wings, skirts, bonnet, airdam and go Rally Tech for the rear arches rather than tolerate a load of filler or hours of clean up and make good for a good balance on price.

• Like 2