C20Xe Carb

johnboy

Had a random thought today, has any one used a redtop injection manifold with an adaptor plate and ran it with a twin choke weber? Obviously you'd have to blank off the injector holes but do you think it could be done or would even work? I know a few will say WHY? Like I said random thought while in work today.

would be nice to put a 38DGAS on it from a V6 capri and get it rolling roaded

Hmmmmm, nice idea. ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEBER-38-DGAS-CARB-CARBURETTOR-FORD-3-0-v6-ESSEX-CAPRI-GRANADA-SCIMITAR-GILBERN-/151523136064?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item23477b9240

Edited by Kevin Abbott
  • Like 2

i saw basically that this sunday just gone, it was a silhouette mini(there was actually 2) with a LET on twin 40s on the manifold your on about. the manifold was a bit short for optimal power but these little things shot of the line like a rocket, put it this way there was a mitsubishi evo (not 100% sure which one but i think it was a 4 or 5) and that with its 4 wheel drive left the line at half the speed/acceleration of the mini.

so it definatly works but you would realy want a longer mainifold if you have the room.

Micsmanta that's not what they were referring to. Johnboy had made the point that it would be pretty simple to stick a single downdraft twin choke weber carb on the stock xe inlet, which it would !! Interesting thought for a road rally car to keep things simple!! Manta 1800 dizzy re curved and would be pretty good to be fair. Wouldn't make a lot of power but bags of torque and dirt cheap and simple to do on a carbed car

• Like 1

Not really studied an xe in a manta close up before, do you think there would be enough room for an adaptor plate, carb and air filter or would there be clearance issues with the bonnet?

Not really studied an xe in a manta close up before, do you think there would be enough room for an adaptor plate, carb and air filter or would there be clearance issues with the bonnet?

The inlet ports on the XE head sit slightly lower than that of the 18SE head that was in the car. So I think you will be fine.