Exclusive Coupe For Sale.

taylorblue5

nice car, is it me or is the front right wheel a steel ?

it is a steel, I think it was mentioned on a different page by taylorblue5 that the tyres were being changed on the alloys and not back in time for the photos or something.

Looks a1 for the money if anyone is in the market at the moment for a exclusive coupe you should go and check it out,its not like they come up for sale that often nowadays

especially in this condition. B)

• Like 1

unless you know the history of this car in detail this is a problem.

When buying a car you are always urged to do the background checks, and car not being the colour the DVLA state it should be would set alarm bells ringing

no reflection on the person selling this Manta, just the DVLA being the usual bunch of useless twerps !!

Yes do background checks but don't put your trust in the DVLA!!

It took over three attempts and several calls, emails etc to change an engine number over with them. That was after following their procedure. Even then they still sent me my V5 with the old number on...........I had to start all over again.

Yes do background checks but don't put your trust in the DVLA!!

It took over three attempts and several calls, emails etc to change an engine number over with them. That was after following their procedure. Even then they still sent me my V5 with the old number on...........I had to start all over again.

blinking plebs :blink:

• Like 1

And the DVLA never get their records wrong or don't update them even when you request then to.

What relevance has this to the car being for sale.....

Great negative comment there for absolutely no reason at all.

Very relevant and not negative.

• Like 1

The car was black but has recently been resprayed and im waiting for the logbook to come back.

The wheels are all now on the car and iv been chuffed to be able to use the car as my daily for the last week, she's a beauty and il be sad to see her go.

Cheap car for what it is.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

And just to prove my point, when posted here with 5 days to run, reserve not met at £5,101 and what are getting for that huge chunk out of your wallet?? bet it's something exciting, powerfull and fast.... NO, just a 1300cc four door frod Scrote, about as exciting as the shipping forcast !!!

1300cc MK 1 Frod Scrote - click here

If you could find someone who had no previous knowledge of car values / sale prices, stood the Manta alongside the Scrote and asked them which one out of the two they would part with their five and half grand for you know that it would be the Manta.

• Like 1

:lol: and a henry hoover bringing up the rear,which will have a quicker pickup than the frod for sure:lol: 

And just to prove my point, when posted here with 5 days to run, reserve not met at £5,101 and what are getting for that huge chunk out of your wallet?? bet it's something exciting, powerfull and fast.... NO, just a 1300cc four door frod Scrote, about as exciting as the shipping forcast !!!

If you could find someone who had no previous knowledge of car values / sale prices, stood the Manta alongside the Scrote and asked them which one out of the two they would part with their five and half grand for you know that it would be the Manta.

Edited by evo3000

And if you think this Frod Scrote is a lot of money, take a look at these -

Frod Scrote MK 1 Two Door - click here

And what do you get for your ( at the time of posting ) £17500 ? a bubble arch rally style Scrote propelled by the rip snorting power of...... A little crossflow on a single carb !!

And now for something you will hardly believe, yes it is a near perfect example and it is a genuine original, but you could possibly get a Manta 400 for this money and thay are a much, much rarer car ( and faster, and better handling, and better looking, ETC ETC ETC !!!)

Frod Scrote MK 1 AVO - Click here

Buy it now...... £52,500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!! the world has gone mad !!!!!!!!!!!

i really don't get it Scott, people will pay silly money for cars as dull as ditch water, not just Frod Scrote's but all sorts of other cars yet your Manta has not sold,

and it is not because the Manta is dull itself, much the opposite, classic magazines always praise Manta's, your coupe should by rights sell tomorrow for the original asking price

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

New on here, my first Manta and first car was 1976 1.9 SR in blue NAD 357P  (I'm sure that's right) which I did tons of work on back in the day (any way of finding out if the old girl is still around?)

But to the subject in hand I can't believe this hasn't sold, people on Ebay are paying more for Capri's in average condition, had both over the years and I still love my old SR more than any Capri I had.

Saving up sadly for stamp duty etc for the next house move or I'd have bitten your arm off, hope you find a good home for it.  

That's a shame, loved that car... I sold it to a car dealer circa 1992 if I remember correctly, for £300 :-x  I'd spent ages on it welding and body wise and it had just gone through an MOT fine. It was jumping out of 2nd gear and I didn't have the cash to sort it (student back then) hope someone has stored it.

btw..how did you check?