Rear End Stability

opelman

GTE Hatch with 20xe engine used for track days, 650lb linear front springs, 180lbs linear rear springs with a set of Bilstein sport dampers, rear end is polybushed, 16mm rear anti roll bar.  Despite these upgrades the back end still leans a fair bit when cornering with a tendancy to understeer, in terms of stiffening the back I am not sure where else to go form here, any ideas please ? 

GTE Hatch with 20xe engine used for track days, 650lb linear front springs, 180lbs linear rear springs with a set of Bilstein sport dampers, rear end is polybushed, 16mm rear anti roll bar.  Despite these upgrades the back end still leans a fair bit when cornering with a tendancy to understeer, in terms of stiffening the back I am not sure where else to go form here, any ideas please ? 

sounds like you may :unsure:  need to lower the suspension to eliminate the body roll,mine has has 40mm spax progressive springs on and its totally planted in the bends. :thumbup

sometimes the Panard Rod assembly can act like a lever in certain circumstances.

If you are good at fabrication it would be a not too difficult project to make a Watts linkage for the rear axle, probably best to make a mounting for the short link attached to the bodyshell, the outer ends of the arms attaching to the axle, that way you wouldn't have to find a way of making a strong diff cover.

• Like 1