Has Anyone Bought One Of These Manta Bias Pedal Boxes?

Not fitted one personally Dave but it looks bigger than the std servo set up. I have however had the misfortune of dealing with Compbrake and in my experience I'd say buy from somewhere else. Bad service, variable pricing and the worst "technical" dept I've ever dealt with.
  • Like 1

My so fitted one of these last year, and failed the MOT test as he didn't have a servo.

Not fitted one personally Dave but it looks bigger than the std servo set up. I have however had the misfortune of dealing with Compbrake and in my experience I'd say buy from somewhere else. Bad service, variable pricing and the worst "technical" dept I've ever dealt with.

Thanks for the feedback. I did think i had heard a few negative bits of feedback many years ago. It has now been confirmed thanks :thumbup

• Like 1

My so fitted one of these last year, and failed the MOT test as he didn't have a servo.

I am no expert on MOT rules but I would have thought the test was the effectiveness of the brakes?

I'm not sure of the outcome of it Kev, I expect it's sorted by now, I will find out next week. But what happened was this, the MOT inspector sat in the drivers seat, a 1979 Manta Berlinetta, put his foot on the brake pedal, started the engine, and said that there was something wrong with the brakes, so we think that because there was no servo on the car, which we assume he didn't know, he thought that the pedal was to hard, so John had a failure when he went back to collect the car, he phoned me, so I told him to go back and explain to him that the reason for that is because there is no servo fitted. John has gone away now and won't be back until next week, so as I said I don't know what transpired, I will let you know.