Headlight

Jack

Hi Jack

Pretty sure i have some nice condition square lights. I can pick out the best one and bring it to Billing for you. No charge just a favour to a fellow Manta nut who loves his car as much as i love mine. :)

• Like 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121657487826?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_768wt_847

Hi Jack, this guy also has a new complete lamp, very expensive though.  What do you mean by you have a spare but no wiring on the back? the lamp you have there now is working, although as you say rusty, so the wiring is there, you unplug the wiring from the bulb, take the bulb out, remove the lamp, fit the spare lamp, put the bulb into it, there is only one way it will go in, there are two small tags and one large tag, then stick the socket of the wiring into the plug, that will also only go in one way.

The square lights are only bolted together and can be stripped down to replace or recondition the internals, I have done loads and they are not hard to dismantle with basic spanners or sockets.

Sometimes only the outer section is needed or others the inner reflector.  Take it out and have a good look at it.

Maybe buy a couple of spares and do a nice re-con job on those and put them in.

As said, the wiring is part of the car not the lamp unit so no need to worry about that.

Hi all, yes the lights all work be it the passenger one a bit rust, I am aware the unit separates and you can clean the inside up or change the reflector. I have a full set of spare lights all round but the drivers side front spare still has wiring on the back? Hopefully have it changed soon and while I am doing that I need two more screws to put in my aluminium strip to stop it rattling when I close the door lol. This is why I love old cars, work on them till your hearts content  ^_^ I have also decided that I am not replacing things just because they look a bit dull and aged. I was going to get a new shiny radiator cap because mine has spots of rust on it but I am keeping it on because it makes it look more authentic. 

Hi Jack

Pretty sure i have some nice condition square lights. I can pick out the best one and bring it to Billing for you. No charge just a favour to a fellow Manta nut who loves his car as much as i love mine. :)

Thanks very much you are a great guy :D

• Like 1