Another Oldie. !

chrisb

Well, just returned after my first Billing since 2006 after a lot of persuasion from my old buddy Mick Maher. And I have to say my wife and I really enjoyed it again after all these years.

Met up with lots of old friends, Kev Finney, Darren Barton, Charlie, Annie, Simon, Trudy and Chris Chapman, Rab, Paul Brenneker, Ian Martin. Just to name a few.

Felt extremely welcome and enjoyed it so much I bought an old cavalier mk1 sports hatch and re joined the club.!!

What I noticed after my absence is how friendly and helpful the club is again and how committed the committee members are in improving the club and keeping it alive.

Thank you to the Mahers and the Peckhams for inviting my wife and myself along to the pub on 2 nights for an evening meal

We both had a great time and the banter was superb!!

It really brought it home what I had missed for the last few years.

And a big thank you to all who organised, it was a great show.

Hope to see all again next year.

Chris Burt.

enjoyed it so much I bought an old cavalier mk1 sports hatch and re joined the club.!!

I remember someone assuring me over ten years ago that they were finnished with Manta's and would never be returning to them (i know it's a MK 1 Cavalier) and i said at the time i would make note of the statement...

Welcome back Chris, now if you sold that six cylinder beetle with the wings on you could fund a concours restoration of the Cavalier.

Cheers Ian,

The fast beetle with the big wing will be staying for now mate, nothing I have ever driven in my life is as exhilarating as that.

Picked up the cavalier today will just be polishing for now, the small rust issues will be dealt with over time but will just drive it for a bit.

Had a great time getting to know you a little over the weekend, it was great to be in your company. Glad you also saw the committee in action, not many people see the stresses and issues which come our way. I'll ask stuart to link your membership to this user account.

Hi Simon,

Likewise mate, We both had a fantastic time it was great getting to know you better too, Will keep in touch and call in and say hello when we are down your way next, Thanks for a great weekend and doing a great job where the committee is concerned, its a job not many people can take on and remain sane!! 

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Jack,

We have indeed spoken on these forums in the past, Thanks for the welcome, will have to introduce myself next time at a show,  I have been reading one of your other posts and very saddened at the stresses you are having to deal with at the moment, I sincerely hope everything comes together in your life soon buddy.

Take care ,

All the best,

Chris.

Incidently Chris, i know your 'new' Cavalier from a long while back, it is/was local to me and has been a regular at shows in the area, always looked after and though not an out & out concours car it is a respectable example.

This is a picture of your 'new' Cavalier in the company of various contempory Vauxhalls and my Manta at the Newton Longville show, near Milton Keynes, 2013 ( not the best quality, camera phone picture )

Newton%20Longville%20Show%202013%20-%20c

Hi Ian,

Nice pic, I have found a few on the internet from various shows, its visited quite a few over the years. Deep down I think I would like another B but for now this is the next best thing. 

I think the gap between Manta's and Cavaliers is narrowing and if your not a badge snob ( i know i am talking to a man with Porsche GT 3 !!) then i don't think it matters that much, the Cavalier will be just as enjoyable to own and use as a Manta B