South East Pub Meet 26Th July

smiffy220

Ok, so Billing has come and gone, all too quickly. So if you're pining after more mantas already, come along to our monthly meet on Sun 26th July from 6pm at The Halfway House pub on the junction of the A127 and A128 near Brentwood in Essex.

We need to beat 6 cars there, please!

Ok, stick with Sunday. Should be me, Brian, Karl, Paul, Jim/Sharon, Mark, Martin, Stuart, Wendy, Dean & possibly new guy Tony.

But, if wet, might be less Mantas there. I'll probably have to leave mine at home if raining as my drivers window has dropped out the runner and not fitting properly, so I'll get wet!! Be there in the modern then.

Edited by smiffy220

Im not going as a combination of other things and its peeing it down here . Shame as was looking forward to it but tbh cannot see much fun meeting in the rain. Shame it was not yesterday as dave suggested as it was nice yesterday. Maybe should have changed it to next weekend instead ?

Sorry you missed it Paul, had a good turnout of people, if a little thin on the Manta ground. Still four cars braved the weather, thanks to Karl, Dom, Wendy and Dean who bought theirs along.

In moderns or vans were also, me, Brian, Mark and Martin. (Have I missed anyone?)

I'm away soon for 2 weeks Paul, and might make the next meet a week early, the Sunday before the bank holiday. 23rd is it?

Well that was an eventful evening

Didn't take the manta as had a few parts to take for people, one puncture,queues at dartford crossing and two hours later made it to pub.

Then on the way home more queues,dartford crossing down to one lane for roadworks,and no one working !!!!!

Good to see good numbers at pub meet though hopefully we can have a photo with double figure mantas !!!

Although im not shy to drive mine in the bad weather i just didn't fancy it in the end . Ive been to some meets when its peeing it down in the past.... its not very good . I was disappointed not to see everyone though and i had sorted out that trim for karl too. That week before bank hol is good as i am away the bank hol week. I was counting on coming yesterday as im not using the manta full term this year so i can maybe start some overdue work.

Enjoyed my first meet last night. Weather turned out not too bad (good british summer). The only bad side was tolls on the way there and even worse on the way back!!! And to top it all off my petrol gauge kept scaring the pants off me telling me I have NO petrol. Sitting in standstill traffic in one lane trying to get home before I ran out. I was very pleased to make it home.

It was lovely meeting people again and some for the first time. I would really love to get to a meet with nice weather and loads of mantas to see ,so how's about a big effort next meet ? Just for me ,pwetty please.

Oh yes and next time I am getting extra petrol 😜

• Like 1