New(Ish) Member Buckinghamshire

Phil N

Hi All, Thought I'd better say hi as I've been lurking for a while, I was the owner of a Silver GT/E hatch and then a Red GT/E Coupe about 15 odd years ago but had to go when I had no where to store them :( I did attend billing around this time and have a few photos that I will post up to see if any of you recognise them, I doubt it as there were a damn site more of them back in the day!

Anyway, I've been keeping an eye on them recently with the intent of getting another one and this came along. It is a dealer converted i200 which has been pretty well looked after by a previous OMOC member for most of its life and then been a bit neglected for a couple of years. It came up for sale a few weeks ago (no I didn't pay what he was asking!!!) so up to Bangor I went and collected it, drove it home all okay!

I would've liked to bring her to billing but it was too soon and I wasn't happy to drive it there or to let people see it as it was (we had a baby 4 weeks ago so persuading the Mrs to let me buy iot was hard enough!)

I did go to billing and had a wander around and a quick chat with a few of you but was only a flying visit.

My short term plan is to get it cleaned up a bit and use it for a while before giving it a fresh lease of life and the rothmans look.

Look forward to getting involved and meeting some of you soon hopefully!

Phil 

IMG_7463_zps6qgylcxy.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Phil, welcome onboard,

Buckinghamshire i see, you are in my parish, where abouts do you reside? good to have an i200 in our area.

I am in Stoke Poges in South Bucks so probably bordering other areas too.

Your right in the area of Mr Ron Daymond, a name you probably remember for back when you previously had a Manta.

There is a pub meet at the Coy Carp, Harefeild the first tuesday evening of every month.

Easy to find from Stoke Poges, go north to Gerrards Cross, head east on the A40/A413 almost to Denham, turn north onto the A412 towards Maple Cross, at West Hyde turn east again along Copper Mill lane, the Coy Carp pub is just before the traffic lights for the cannal bridge ( careful you don't turn into the country club entrance, it looks like the pub car park entrance ) looks like less than 10 miles from you.

Thanks Ian

Yes I think I remember Ron, White GT/E Hatchback if I'm correct?

I know the coy carp, was there for lunch the other day with the Mrs, I might just be around on the first tues in August (holiday depending), is there a good turn out there?

Ron has had many Manta's so possible had a white hatch back then, he has an A Series now.

The turn out can vary from just a few to a dozen or more, holiday time being less likely to have Manta owners about.

• 1 month later...

Hi Phil,

Good to hear from you and welcome. I am not that far away from you, up in Northants. If you ever fancy a drive out, there are a few shows locally that occur at this time of year.

See - http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/38818-jacks-hill-monthly-classic-car-meeting-towcester/

and:

I also have an i200, so it would be good to get them together a some stage in the future. I'm not really that clued up on the history of your car, so again - it would be nice to find out a little bit about it and get the details logged on to the Irmscher Register.

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

Good to hear from you and welcome. I am not that far away from you, up in Northants. If you ever fancy a drive out, there are a few shows locally that occur at this time of year.

See - http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/38818-jacks-hill-monthly-classic-car-meeting-towcester/

and:

I also have an i200, so it would be good to get them together a some stage in the future. I'm not really that clued up on the history of your car, so again - it would be nice to find out a little bit about it and get the details logged on to the Irmscher Register.

Your I200 is one of the Mantas I haven't seen but would love to. 

Its funny Jack - the reason I took my i200 off the road was because it had been about on the show circuit for years and I thought everyone was getting fed up with seeing it at every show. I have a garage full of trophies and it got a little boring to be honest.....afterall,  I have owned my i200 for nearly 25 years.....blimey, makes me feel old! So - I went out and bought the Silver B series.

I think it is probably time to get both of them out again for next year.....especially if I get to park it up next to another i200 that lives nearby!

I had visions of getting storing it, getting it restored and back on the road but I think I'll enjoy it for a couple of years first. Realistically going to need some TLC over the winter so should hit the streets again in 2016, we have a 11 week old baby which means I can't sneak off into the garage too early in the evenings and by the time I'm allowed I'm normally asleep on the sofa, this work malarky has a lot to answer for! Thanks for all the warm welcomes and can't wait to meet you all!

• Like 1