Digital Dash

Dan Friel

The dash will be easy to wire in. Just depends how close a fit to the original dash cluster to how well you can make it fit the car.

Also will the gearbox sender fit the standard gearbox?

Also these dashes had a habit of failing and it was quite common to convert back to a standard dash. I's like to see it work before I went through the hassle of fitting it to my car.

Yeah we had these Digital dash boards in our Holden Calais's (Flash Holden Commodores) circa 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jc3oVQVF0

God they were cool in 1984, probably as cool as my Commodore 64 computer from around the same era B) 

In 1986 however they were lame :D although I believe there making a coolness comeback for that 80's tackiness look

Most however have failed, maybe our heat over here but the solder etc used to come away from circuit boards making some gauges useless, I would want to see it working 1st.

• Like 1

Yeah we had these Digital dash boards in our Holden Calais's (Flash Holden Commodores) circa 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jc3oVQVF0

God they were cool in 1984, probably as cool as my Commodore 64 computer from around the same era B) 

In 1986 however they were lame :D although I believe there making a coolness comeback for that 80's tackiness look

Most however have failed, maybe our heat over here but the solder etc used to come away from circuit boards making some gauges useless, I would want to see it working 1st.

They are just as bad for failing over here

I remember going over to Mick Maher's place, he had one fitted and he wanted me to make some sort of Bezel to make it fit into the Manta Dash Surround,,,,,, If I Remember correct I never did the job.... Thank God,,, Not an easy task.

Seen an Astra MK 2 digi dash in a Manta, not sure how the speedo drive worked, i prefer anolog clocks anyway.

It is interseting that in this computer era the major guages in an aircraft cockpit are still repilcated as anolog clocks on a computer screen.